real time web analytics
Report - - Pleasure Island - Cleethorpes - Dec 23 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pleasure Island - Cleethorpes - Dec 23

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Sixtyten

28DL Member
28DL Member
Info

Pleasure Island was an amusement park in Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire that operated from 1993 to 2016 and before that it was a Zoo in the 70s. It offered many rides and attractions, some more extreme but most more family friendly, such as scenic train rides and sea-lion shows. I remember going there many years ago but even when it was operational, it never struck me as particularly exciting so far as theme parks go and it always felt a little bit run down.

In the present day, all of the rides have been removed from the site but all the fantasy middle-east themed buildings still remain. It's future is currently up in the air but it seems like the wheels are in motion for developments into luxury flats or a new hosing estate in the relatively near future.

Exploring

Myself and a visiting friend decided one afternoon that we should just go for it and try to get in. We'd just had snow and there was a thick fog covering the place so it was the perfect time to try and get in. Access required a bit of initial recce. A former access point I had identified had since been plugged but luckily, someway down the fence line, a new hole had been created. A bit of tight squeezing, barbed wire navigating and fence hopping later, we were in.

_NIK5051.jpg

_NIK5052.jpg
_NIK5054.jpg

Since the site has been abandoned for nearly 8 years, the place has been vandalised, however not quite as much as I would've expected. The graffiti artists have been particularly restrained with this one.

_NIK5055.jpg

_NIK5056.jpg

_NIK5059.jpg

_NIK5067.jpg

_NIK5069.jpg

Tent1.jpg

_NIK5070.jpg

_NIK5072.jpg

_NIK5076.jpg

_NIK5079.jpg

_NIK5087.jpg

_NIK5091.jpg

Unfortunately almost all of the buildings were sealed up tight but I managed to poke the camera through a couple holes to get some interior shots.

_NIK5092.jpg

_NIK5093.jpg

_NIK5097.jpg

_NIK5099.jpg

_NIK5107.jpg

_NIK5117.jpg

_NIK5113.jpg

_NIK5101.jpg

_NIK5102.jpg

_NIK5121.jpg

_NIK5124.jpg

_NIK5100.jpg

_NIK5126.jpg

_NIK5129.jpg

_NIK5134.jpg

Overall the explore was good fun and it was very strange walking around a place I had personal history with, seeing it left to rot.

Thanks for looking

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
Fuck me that’s really gone to the dogs, I can barely recognise it :(

Nice report

Old Git

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After its zoo days, it was a stock car track for a few years in the 80s which held the superstox world championship one year which i raced at, albeit in the support races. Never did find out why it finished and laid empty until the theme park was built, presumably.

UEoli

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wonderful shots. The snow is really setting a mysterious mood in them.

Who has read this thread (Total: 164) View details