28DaysLater.co.uk - The UK Urban Exploration Forums.

Disclaimer: 28dayslater.co.uk is a digital meeting place for like-minded people to share their experiences, reports and photographs. It is not a club or organisation and has no representatives, members or physical presence. This website does not condone or encourage breaking the law and unsafe behaviour. All actions remain the responsibility of the individual. All images 2005-2014 to the photographer.

Thread: Bolton Metalworks - Sept '11

TunnelMon is offline Soldier Rat
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 16/2
    Given: 19/0

Post Bolton Metalworks - Sept '11

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I've done some googling and can't find the name of this place.. when you see the pics it goes to show it's probably been shut for at least 40 years.. it's like a concrete jungle inside, and using the term jungle, i mean actually housing plants :P Was pretty interesting to look around, and had some nice features, including all the wireboxes stripped of their wires, probably by the local smackheads got some funny looks off some beer can-wielding old men reccying this one out, but it was well worth a look

If anyone knows the name, then it would be appreciated ive tried fitting letters into the gaps in the sign but nothing comes to mind

Outside the building, with the sign

The main room, there were two of these massive rusted shipping container things, but we had a look inside and all we found was a deckchair and a hella lot of needles

Another shot in the main room

A smaller room attached to the main one

Another room

Some yellow cranes

The biggest door we could find in the place - makes me wonder how they got the containers from the first shot into the premises

The only stairs in the building

Rounded off with the most colourful factory wall i have ever seen in my life..

Hope you enjoyed

[EDIT] I took drhowser's guess to google, and it turns out this is called John Booth's Engineering & Metal Treatment

P.S again, i hold no credit for the pics - taken by my friend but she doesnt seem to want to put the reports up so i hope she doesnt mind
    Last edited by TunnelMon; September 27th, 2011 at 22:58.
    Exploring your poo when there's nothing else to do