Visited with Nic81 Thestig, and non member, the place is in the process of demolition , but much to Niocs annoyance the fire extinguissers still works.....Tassadar has to play


Founded by John Dyson
John began mining clay and making bricks in the early 1800s and from its inception the business prospered. The 1834 Sheffield trade directory lists - “John Dyson - Brick Maker, Stannington” which indicates that he ran the business on his own. However, by 1838 the business was listed as “John Dyson and Son - Black clay miners and firebrick manufacturers, Griffs House, Stannington. The son referred to was John his eldest son

Dyson's where manufacturers of Refractory material, ceramics for the steel industry, they also produce firebacks and other household ceramic bricks for the likes of Aga's etc. They have also been know to sell clay for use in Well Dressings

Some family History here


Thanks For looking