Built in 1871 and extended to connect via a substantial footbridge (now demolished) over Cape Street to more premises opposite (these are now in use as offices). The mill was closed around 2001 and awaits converstion into the usual.
On with the fots:
Interesting engraving on the side door next to the main gate. Did the Queen pay a visit during the celebrations?
Not quite enough to make a nice jumper...
The canteen was closed on this day, with fresh boarding to keep the masses away.
Interesting wooden structure linking the two main buildings together.
'Once these places made great products, now they make great reflections'
Thanks for looking