28DaysLater.co.uk - The UK Urban Exploration Forums.

Disclaimer: 28dayslater.co.uk is a digital meeting place for like-minded people to share their experiences, reports and photographs. It is not a club or organisation and has no representatives, members or physical presence. This website does not condone or encourage breaking the law and unsafe behaviour. All actions remain the responsibility of the individual. All images 2005-2014 to the photographer.

Thread: Wellbeck Colliery, 2011

rookinella is offline 28DL Member
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/0
    Given: 0/0

Arrow Wellbeck Colliery, 2011

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    On an incredibly cold morning after a brief trip up the Clipstone headstocks, I met Snappel up near Wellbeck to have a look at the very quickly diminishing topside of the colliery. I had horrendous flu and had spent the previous night being horribly ill in a Robin-Hood themed hotel not far from Mansfield. I've never felt so ill in my entire life, I actually thought I was dying and I've had every illness imaginable :p

Anyway, hypochondria aside, we managed to squeeze into the winding shed which I believe wasn't accessible before so it's nice to see photos of that if you haven't already. I've got to add that the photos here are so appalling but I thought better than none at all (maybe this is an arrogant judgement on my part). We ate some nice early Easter eggs in the winding house which I've heard are a fine flu remedy.

We had a couple of close calls and had to hide several times from security who were driving around and I nearly didn't make it running the last bit to the fence due to not being able to breathe ha! I'm not a very good fast explorer, probably why I'm not allowed to come out to play very often :p

Last edited by rookinella; December 5th, 2011 at 09:42.