real time web analytics
Report - - Forum Cinema, Liverpool | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Forum Cinema, Liverpool

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

snappel

BMW 4 LIFE
28DL Full Member
After five or six years of wanting to get in here, me and Frank finally made the effort, and on our second attempt got in. By now I think I'm one of the few people in the city that hasn't been in there. I know friends and former workmates who have been there, even my girlfriend's brother made it in there a couple of years ago.

So it was good to finally walk up the stairs and into the main auditorium. I wasn't disappointed either - although tatty, it's quite intact. Projector rooms are pretty much stripped out, but there are interesting features here and there. Typically the Art Deco styling continues inside, with staircases reminding me of places like Littlebrook B and Battersea (although obviously more ornate).

In the foyer was a popcorn machine with popcorn still in it, and downstairs the remains of a snack bar. So all in all a good explore, and it was well worth missing 3 of my usual 7 hours sleep before work!! Pictures are a little grainy, as it all had to be done with a rapidly fading searchblaster, but they give a pretty good idea of what's left.

More on my website here.

Dsc_0250.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0276.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

DSC_0277.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

View attachment 41609

DSC_0291.jpg

DSC_0295.jpg

Dsc_0298.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0324.jpg

DSC_0316.jpg

snappel

BMW 4 LIFE
28DL Full Member
Re: Forum Cinema, Liverpool - REPORT

It's not bad in there to be honest, bearing in mind it's been out of use for nearly 10 years.

I accidentally posted one of the pictures twice - here's the one that should've been up there...

DSC_0286.jpg

And no, I didn't taste any of it!

morph40

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As anyone got anymore information about this cinema, or what as happen to it,or anymore updated pictures. Thanks

chills

Queller of the uprising
As anyone got anymore information about this cinema, or what as happen to it,or anymore updated pictures. Thanks

I believe the site is in the process redevelopment so no longer accessible. Unfortunately not being local, I'm cannot definitely confirm or deny this but a quick search looking at some articles from the Liverpool Echo suggests work has already started. However, it does look like it is being reconditioned and refurbished, therefore keeping most original features > http://www.limestreetfuture.co.uk

morph40

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I believe the site is in the process redevelopment so no longer accessible. Unfortunately not being local, I'm cannot definitely confirm or deny this but a quick search looking at some articles from the Liverpool Echo suggests work has already started. However, it does look like it is being reconditioned and refurbished, therefore keeping most original features > http://www.limestreetfuture.co.uk
Ok thank you for the information, do you know if the organ chambers still have there pipes in.thanks

chills

Queller of the uprising
Ok thank you for the information, do you know if the organ chambers still have there pipes in.thanks

No idea I’m afraid! Due to a report not being uploaded on this in a while I’m unsure if you’ll ever find out unless you enquire via the regen project? (Just be careful how you word things)

As I said in my previous post, looks like most original features are being kept but I’m unsure if the same goes for the organ! Suppose it all depends on condition, cost and use!

morph40

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No idea I’m afraid! Due to a report not being uploaded on this in a while I’m unsure if you’ll ever find out unless you enquire via the regen project? (Just be careful how you word things)

As I said in my previous post, looks like most original features are being kept but I’m unsure if the same goes for the organ! Suppose it all depends on condition, cost and use!
Ok,thanks for the information.