real time web analytics
Report - - Gradwell Street Warehouse, Liverpool | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Gradwell Street Warehouse, Liverpool

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

snappel

BMW 4 LIFE
28DL Full Member
I like explores like this - they remind me why I started doing this in the first place. A few years back when 'urban exploration' was just a set of confused ideas and feelings in my head, there were many buildings in Liverpool that I longed to get inside. Curiosity perhaps.

Most of them have long been conquered, but this was one of the last few. It always stood alone and barricaded, like an impenetrable fortress. Times change though, things align and suddenly a way in presents itself.

Despite the fact there were locked doors inside, and not much was found, the explore was one of the best in a while. A couple of good friends, the satisfaction of my curiosity and not getting too hung up on taking decent photos.

This area was once filled with warehouses like this, but of those that remain most are converted. As such, the best bit was the overhead winding house (a later brick/concrete addition) which contained the winding gear for hoisting goods into the warehouse. Typical of the era, and probably founded and constructed locally. Such was our industry then.

Thanks to Frank and reefdog for the company.

Dsc_0006.jpg

Dsc_0012.jpg

Dsc_0013.jpg

Dsc_0015.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Dsc_0032.jpg

Dsc_0033.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

Dsc_0044.jpg