real time web analytics
Report - - Nottingham Odeon, Day visit | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Nottingham Odeon, Day visit

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
"Very stripped and quite rubbish" was the report we got from the guys who were first in... but none the less Myself, Turk and Raddog left "Cookie Club" to go and have a look at the Huge looming derelict Odeon. Quite fun wandering around at night, although we got horribly lost in therefor over half a hour lol! The quote "OH! we have been here before!" was said many a time as we looked for the door!

Despite the mass of pigeons, the cinema captured my imagination enough to return armed with search blaster and the camera. Yes it has been stripped of many of it's features, but there are still some amazing things left, if one takes the time to look for them. The odeon is just from another time, from the days when going to the cinema must have been a very different experience to what it is today. I cant really describe why I feel that way, it's just little features like the women's powder rooms, the bars and the fact that the cinema is such an amazing warren of staircases and little rooms!

The other nice part was the stage in the main cinema, where the Beatles sent the girls of Nottingham screaming in 1964. The Who, Hendrix, the Kinks and Small faces have all played on that stage, and that made standing on the very same stage quite special.

Roof offered great views over Nottingham, although the resident pigeons were restless!

ODEON17.jpg

ODEON16.jpg

ODEON15.jpg

ODEON14.jpg

ODEON13.jpg

The ladie's powder room
ODEON12.jpg

And those women who choose to have a puff while powdering are accomodated for!!:eek:
ODEON11.jpg

ODEON10.jpg

ODEON9.jpg

ODEON8.jpg

ODEON7.jpg

ODEON6.jpg

Ashtrays from the back of the old seats. I cant inagine having a ciggy stubbed out an inch from your head was ever a great experience!
ODEON5.jpg

ODEON4.jpg

ODEON3.jpg

ODEON2.jpg

Lennon, Hendrix, davis, Townsend have all jumped about under that semi circle...
ODEON1.jpg