real time web analytics
Report - - RNAD Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RNAD Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

snappel

BMW 4 LIFE
28DL Full Member
A former Royal Navy Armament Depot (RNAD) near Milford Haven in South West Wales. Visited yesterday with rxt, found by chance during a drive around the local area looking at the docks.

The depot was opened in 1939 to supply Navy ships with mines. Mines could be brought in by standard gauge railway, and would then be transferred to the extensive narrow gauge system. Small diesel-engined shunters then moved the mine trains around the depot. Lots of underground sidings were used to store the mines, some of which remain just about accessible.

Other facilities included a machine shop, warehouse, cast-iron landing stage, extensive blast walls, offices and reservoirs in case of fire. The site is currently owned by a Petroleum company, but redevelopment is expected in the near future.

Photos aren't brilliant, as I didn't have the wide angle, search blaster or tripod with me. Didn't follow any of the tunnels to the end, but they only run a couple of hundred metres.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjy41

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The narrow gauge system complete with underground tunnels/magazines is extensive. Has anyone discovered the STANDARD GAUGE tunnels and magazines on site? I think there are two to find.