real time web analytics
Report - - Wistow and Stillingfleet Mines, North Yorks - 25.04.09 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wistow and Stillingfleet Mines, North Yorks - 25.04.09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MADMAX

28DL Full Member
Had a trip out on Saturday afternoon prior to the 28dl Hull pissup. In the car was Squirrell911 with Raddog, Turkey and Dweeb.
Wistow and Stillingfleet were both part of the Selby coal mine system and they both closed in 2004.
Both have had some demo work, inparticularly Wistow, which at one time had an impressive modern looking headstock building on site.
Stillingfleet still has an active area near the rear of the site, apparently extracting methane from the mine system.
Both sites were similar and it has to be said even though they were both interesting, neither were that photogenic (maybe the other guys got some better shots).
Some of the more interesting looking areas were off limits due to PIR issues (as Squirrell had found out on an earlier visit).
I thought I'd at least share some of the results from what was at least an entertaining afternoon's exploring.

Wistow
Inside the main building (access was fun)
DSC_0392.jpg

Rail Tracks down the empty yard and the site Crane in the distance
DSC_0377.jpg

It does what is says...
DSC_0404-1.jpg

It looked good through the round window, but the PIR's kept us out
DSC_0388.jpg

Some Caged Ladder action
DSC_0412-1.jpg

Interesting storage
DSC_0385.jpg

Was big brother watching? We don't think so
DSC_0417.jpg

A Hydraulic Oil Drum, demo evidence in the background
DSC_0407.jpg

Stillingfleet
Inside the Warehouse (interesting ceiling decor)
DSC_0426.jpg

The Emergency Telephone
DSC_0437.jpg

Some quality 80's Grumble
DSC_0441-1.jpg

The Crane hook
DSC_0430-1.jpg

One room was full of different site notices
DSC_0449-1.jpg

The remote Contol unit the the Winch
DSC_0444-1.jpg

Old Fire Bucket
DSC_0456.jpg

lesbryan

28DL Member
28DL Member
The photo titled interesting storage was for airflow helmets .Usually used by shearer men and men in very dusty environments