real time web analytics
Report - - Doncaster Odeon - strip out April 2008 | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Doncaster Odeon - strip out April 2008

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

M

Movieman

Following Dempsey & Dweeb's reports on this, I have just registered with 28DL, as I was involved with the strip-out at Doncaster in April last year.

There are a few similar pics, but the place was more intact, having closed just a few days previously.

Of particular interest is the 'Grand Master' lighting board, mentioned in the other posts. It was actually still working when I was there - we used it to light the stage.

I'm told that behind the ugly 1960's plasterwork above the stage is the original proscenium - would be great to see it!

Here's the pics - be gentle - it's my first post!

The Cinemation console in Sc1 projection room. Originally this would have controlled almost every aspect of the cinema, including lighting, heating, projection, sound etc. This had been well stripped when I was there!
P4041007.jpg

The projector in Sc3, just prior to removal. It's a Cinemeccanica Victoria 4, with vertical lamphouse.
P4041010.jpg

Screen 3 auditorium
P4051011.jpg

Passageway between Sc2 & 3, similar to Dweeb's, but light fittings intact & lit!
P4051014.jpg

Art deco doors in the bar
P4051021.jpg

And similarly, the bar windows
P4051022.jpg

The main (sc1) auditorium, screen still intact & visible. The whole screen frame is on wires & pullies, enabling it to be 'flown' above the stage for live shows.
P4051023.jpg

Another view of the main stage / screen. Would love to see what's behind that 60's plasterwork above the stage!
P4051025.jpg

The original mercury-arc rectifiers still in situ. I gather these have been removed & broken by now. Pity really
P4051033.jpg

Tells its own story really.....
P4051043.jpg

Main auditorium (still with seats) looking from the stage. Screens 2 & 3 are behind the drop wall, under the balcony
P4051049.jpg

The 'Grand Master' (think that's correct) lighting board, actor's left on a gantry. Was operational at the time!
P4061055.jpg

Close-up of the lighting board
P4061056.jpg

Notice on dressing room door....
P4061073.jpg

That's it for now. I have more, let's see how this goes down!

Last edited by a moderator: