real time web analytics
The STATE Cinema - Grays - 16/5/09 | Noteworthy Reports | 28DaysLater.co.uk

The STATE Cinema - Grays - 16/5/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Now before i say anything you must understand, there is no way on earth a set of photos can ever convey how stunning this place is! Ive been to some pretty awsome 'time machine' type places over the years, Inverkips control room, Cane Hills Browning ward, Battersea B's control room. This place is up there with the best of them, maybe better!

Ive had my eye on the State for years but the place is a right nuns chuff, and rightly so! I had almost given up hope when i got a PM from Squirrell saying he fancied a look while he was down south and had some 'ideas' I snapped at the chance for another go and this time we made it!

Most of the explore was spent trying to find the hundereds of light switches, we spent atleast 2 hours in the projection room alone just in awe. The cinema was a bit different to what i was expecting, its mainly just one big brick box with a few partitions to make the bar areas and lobby, its not like alot of cinemas where theres rat runs of corridoors and odd rooms taked on at jaunty angles! That said i still dont think we saw it all, 5 hours in there was just not enough!

Theres a big campaign to save this place and you can only wish them the best of luck!

The History of this Amazing cinema can be found here http://www.statecinema.co.uk/history.htm

Img_9240mod.jpg

Picture292mod.jpg

Picture305mod.jpg

Picture311mod.jpg

Picture281mod-1.jpg

Picture274mod-1.jpg

Picture432mod.jpg

Picture496mod.jpg

Picture298mod.jpg

Picture427mod.jpg

Picture425mod.jpg

Picture430mod-1.jpg

panomod.jpg

Picture461mod.jpg

Picture494mod-1.jpg

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
wow simply wow no wonder its in the noteworthy reports. Fantastic and thx for sharing.

S

Supersonic

Speed, that report still is up there with one of the bests in my opinion. Got a slight obsession with this place... :D

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Just a shame the photos arnt better quality! Maybe i will see if i can tweek them a bit and get them looking a bit less blurry..

Baggy trousers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Absolutely fantastic place that there Speed.. It's a real time warp inside.
Any updates on if it's been saved or not? As it would be a shame to lose it.

S

Supersonic

Absolutely fantastic place that there Speed.. It's a real time warp inside.
Any updates on if it's been saved or not? As it would be a shame to lose it.

Its still the same. Wetherspoons have bought it, plans have gone through. the seats on the main floor are due to be ripped up but organ and projector room are staying

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Its a good fate for it i think. It was never going to be a cinema again and since the organ got looted one of its main selling points was gone..

S

Supersonic

Its a good fate for it i think. It was never going to be a cinema again and since the organ got looted one of its main selling points was gone..
yeh. the report sates it must be restored and used again

Who has read this thread (Total: 616) View details