real time web analytics
Report - - Pearce Cutler (PCG) Glass, Birmingham, 4/6/09 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pearce Cutler (PCG) Glass, Birmingham, 4/6/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
I'm a little confused as to the history of this company, as on the modern Pearce Cutler website it states they were founded in 1815, but the history stops there. I then found that the Wetherspoons pub on Broad Street, the Solomon Cutler is named after the founder. "Regency Wharf stands mainly on the site of Pearce & Cutler’s Glass Works. Cutler’s was founded by Soloman Cutler, in 1854. His son, Ephraim, expanded on to this Broad Street site and later amalgamated with his neighbour’s land."

The Pope Street works have escaped all history online though, but if I were to hazard a guess I'd say it shut 1998/99. With the first photos I've been able to find are by Virusman in 2007(?)

The exterior sign's now gone, which surprised me a little. Unless an explorer's got it on their wall at home :P I can't see security taking it down, as they've done sod all else to the place. Oh well.

1.jpg

The glass staircase is well and truly wrecked, which is a right shame, I would love to have seen it in one piece.

2.jpg

Electrical transformer, next door to the substation.

3.jpg

One of the workshops, located to the left from the main loading bay.

4.jpg

The main loading bay on to Moreton Street.

5.jpg

7.jpg

Close up of one of the work benches.

6.jpg

One of the two large workshop areas. The doors in the far left corner would have opened on to Pope Street.

8.jpg

9.jpg

The bookcase at the end appeared to have catalogues/brochures/leaflets on some, and parts on the others.

10.jpg

This may have been a part of a larger piece of machinery. Maybe something that used water propulsion?

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

What seemed to be the main staff notice board. Letters from waste disposal companies along with company memos pinned here.

14.jpg

One of the offices off the largest workshop's had been torched. Nothing left but a filing cabinet and these on the wall.

15.jpg

I found these on the wall in the kitchen. I'm amazed they've survived. What are the chances they were made here?

16.jpg

In the plant room. Although I'm not too sure what it is.

17.jpg

Large work area upstairs

18.jpg

Roof shot looking towards Moreton Street direction. Couldn't see the Mint chimney unfortunately.

19.jpg

Upstairs store room.

20.jpg

Upstairs offices.

21.jpg

22.jpg