real time web analytics
Report - - The Odeon Cinema - Harlow - 18/10/09 | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Odeon Cinema - Harlow - 18/10/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Year of the motherfucking cinema!!! another one falls!

First off props to CYb3r for reminding me about this place, id written it off previously as not worth the effot. A 1960s built cinema couldnt possibly equal epicness could it? Well in the end this place has got to be one of the most enjoyable explores of the year. Access was simply stupid, ive never felt so much like a cat burglar in my life but it all just fell into place so well. Once inside, yeh its quite modern but lots left by anyones standards... and not a sign of anyone being in there for ages! I was expecting a chav'd out hulk of emptyness! I expecialy enjoyed playing with the lighting system but it attracted just a little too much attention! Still im away scot free again... still buzzin!

cinematreasures said:
This was the first new cinema to be built for Rank after the war (others were completions of pre-war schemes) and it opened on February 1, 1960 with "Follow A Star".

It was designed by T P Bennett & Son and had 1244 seats on a single floor in the stadium plan. The projection suite was suspended above the rear stalls and had an almost level throw to the large screen.

In June 1987, it closed for tripling and the rear stalls were converted into two smaller cinemas whilst the front retained the original box and screen.

The Odeon has very recently been refurbished and rebranded with the new Odeon style. This is despite the competition from a six-screen multiplex which opened back in 1990. Its future looks hopeful.

Cinema treasures prediction fail there! it closed in 2005....

Img_2590mod.jpg

Img_2586mod.jpg

Img_2575mod.jpg
Img_2580mod.jpg

Img_2578mod.jpg

Img_2583mod.jpg

Img_2571mod.jpg

Img_2569mod.jpg

Img_2542mod.jpg

Img_2546mod.jpg
Img_2552mod.jpg

Img_2550mod.jpg