real time web analytics
Report - - Streatham Megabowl (aka. The Gaumont Palace Cinema) - 31/10/09 | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Streatham Megabowl (aka. The Gaumont Palace Cinema) - 31/10/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Ok i dont really have enough photos for a full report yet but i think il stick some up so people know its do-able now. If anyone fancys it please hook me up, i need to go back!

I didnt really know what to expect and to be honest im still not quite sure what to think of the place yet. If you like mint 'intactness' you probably wouldnt like it, its been messed about quite a bit! I didnt find anything that i could say was a truely 'epic find' just alot of little interesting little bits. That said if you explore because you like to explore then its awsome. A huge old building, ad-hock conversion leaving large areas of the bulding untouched from its cinema days, thigh deep flooded basements, PIR dodging, rotting remains of old cinemas, remains of 1960s bowling equipment, pigeon infested roof rooms, lazer quest sets, vintage spiral staircases, megabowl carpet... Its got alot thats for sure!

Gaumont Streatham in London, GB - Cinema Treasures

Img_1647.jpg

Img_2962mod.jpg

Img_2971mod.jpg

Img_2972mod.jpg

Img_2970mod.jpg

Img_2968mod.jpg

Img_2950mod.jpg

another one done

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
A return trip didnt yeild as much as i had hoped, we settled for a walk about the projection booths and vast roofspace, alot of cinema arcitecture remains but it was mostly hard to photograph. Im sure im still missing alot. In the loft space you could see the wrong side of alot of original plasterwork but i want to see the right side!!

We found the flytower was in use as a phone mast and thus was well locked and probably alarmed..

Img_3016.jpg

Img_3026mod.jpg
IMG_3018.jpg

Img_3017mod-1.jpg

Last edited: