real time web analytics
Report - - Stutzpunkt Bamberg Nazi Beach Defences | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stutzpunkt Bamberg Nazi Beach Defences

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ASOM

One-Man Urbex Art Army
28DL Full Member
My 5th report here, hopefully of interest to some.:p One or two slightly blurry indoor shots, but wasn't expecting to be here, and only had a headlamp to borrow. Thanks to Lunaloco for the heads-up on this place, which is now in a farmer's field full of cows. Couldn't see anyone around, so don't know if we were welcome or not.

This was a Nazi coastal defence outpost from WW2, near Ostend in Belgium. Relatively intact (apart from the bombed ones), no graffiti at all, and very surprised to see the bed-frame still remained! The ruined ones were apparently direct hits from the RAF.

On with the show:
DSC_6104_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_6098_099_100_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_6107-Copy.jpg

DSC_6111.jpg

DSC_6119_20_21_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_6122_3_tonemapped.jpg

This narrow passage was the only way inside if trying to storm the post on the ground - the opening you can see at the end would have contained a scared/angry German with a big machine gun.
DSC_6137_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

Here is where he would have stood. The stencil says "initial defence".
DSC_6145.jpg

And this would be where he'd have been looking, waiting for you to poke your head around the corner.
DSC_6116.jpg

Inside the same bunker. Note the reinforced roof.
DSC_6113.jpg

I think this is telling you either to turn out all the lights, or to shine a light out from this point (thereby giving you the advantage against anyone coming down the passage toward you from outside), anyone care to help with a translation?
DSC_6141.jpg

Direct hit.
DSC_6150_1_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_6156_7_tonemapped.jpg

Anti-aircraft gun housing.
DSC_6128_9_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_6132_3_tonemapped.jpg

Sleeping quarters and toilet block.
DSC_6161_2_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_6164_5_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_6167_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_6171_2_tonemapped.jpg