This barracks (or Kaserne) has been abandoned since the Russians left the former East Germany in the early 90's. It was mainly used as a vehice training base for troops.
There are signs outside warning of armed guards and ordnance storage, but I didn't see either. It's a huge site, and quite easy to get lost. Came across some guy who seemed to be stealing stuff from the site, but fortunately he wandered off and wasn't seen again.
On with the pictures - this is my 6th report but was still getting to grips with a new camera at the time, so excuse a couple of iffy ones.
1. This happened to be the first open door I found.
2. One of several recreation halls.
3. A very foreboding facade.
4. Underground vehicle storage - a massive space.
6. View toward engine house from vehicle storage.
7. Engine house
8. Huge shower rooms.
9. Poor driving.
10. Vehicle check-in post.
11. More vehicle storage.
13. Admin blocks
14. Kitcsch mini clocktower
15. Admin archway
18. Burnt out, but with curtains still up
19. Heading to reception
20. Russian newspapers as wallpaper backing
22. Imminent collapse
25. Leftover from the 3rd Reich
26. A design for living
27. Officer's bathroom
28. Motivational imagery
30. Olympic hopefuls.