real time web analytics
Report - - Fort Gilkicker - Gosport March 2010 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fort Gilkicker - Gosport March 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ryanham

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Heres a little History Lesson for you about the place:

Fort Gilkicker is a Royal Commission fort situated at the eastern end of Stokes Bay, Gosport, Hampshire to dominate the key anchorage of Spithead. Built between 1863 and 1871 as a semi-circular arc with 22 casemates, to be armed with 5 12" guns, 17 10" guns and 5 9" guns. The actual installed armament rather differed from this. In 1902 the RML guns were replaced by 2 9.2" and 2 6" BL guns.

Ok so after putting up my first report I was infected by the Urbex bug. A lot of my friends seemed to be very interested in Urbex, to my surprise so we ventured back to the site of my first report for a good two hours, accessing the main house. Afterwards we decided to head to Fort Gilkicker. It has security and they patrol regularly. I believe this site is MOD property so the risks could be greater but its an amazing explore.

We got in and then the fun began, the Fort has a maze of Tunnels, rooms and a big radio tower which we climbed. Security never saw us once. At one point we were having a cigarette whilst watching him sitting in the room watching TV. You can almost everywhere in this site, even the back tunnels and rooms which are blocked by a welded shut gate.

Heres the pictures:

Main complex:
28DL2.jpg

28DL4.jpg

28DL5.jpg

28DL3.jpg

28DL6.jpg

28DL7.jpg

28DL13.jpg

28DL1.jpg

28DL10.jpg

28DL12.jpg

28DL16.jpg

28DL17.jpg

Climbing the Radio Tower, in plain sight of the security if he'd looked out:
28DL15.jpg

28DL8.jpg

The scariest hole I've ever seen!
28DL9.jpg

My favorite shot of the night, my photography is improving!
28DL14.jpg