real time web analytics
Report - - The Blessed John Roche Catholic School, Smithfield's market, London | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Blessed John Roche Catholic School, Smithfield's market, London

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DubbedNavigator

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with AndrewB and Layz before the 28DL meet

This day could not be described in anything less than fantastic, good wander around laaaannndaaannn and some unexpected results.

Im aware that there have been 2 other good reports on these locations,so will only be displaying the pictures i took seperatly. this is certainly not going to be a massive report, so ive included some pics from the catacombs that evening.

As with the other 2, the history on this pace is somewhat sparse, and as we left we were left with a fair few questions about it. from what i can see, as Layz has already pointed out the place was closed for a "Fresh Start" in 2005, but had some other activity in late 2008. i have no doubt this had something to do with the amount of kids there - in 2006 there were a total of 51 children there out of 450!

First of all i have this picture of a rather nice looking clock:

Woodclock.jpg

This was underneath the stage that Layz and AndrewB featured in thier reports:

UnderStage.jpg

I have 2 questions for this, why is there a toaster in an art classroom - and what is it doing right next to the sink....

Toaster.jpg

Stairwell shotz had to be done:

StarShot.jpg

This i was rather impressed with:

Reaper.jpg

Now for one of my favourite things about this school. the numerous quotes that were plastered on the most prominent walls on the site, both previous reports included the first one we stumbled across - but i thought id show a couple more of them....before my camera died

Quote4.jpg

Quote2.jpg

The number "14" was scribbled in various locations in polish on the site, i thought maybe they were checkpoints but i didnt see why they were the same number?

Polishwirting.jpg

Big lock for a flimsy cupboard?

Pointlesslock.jpg

One of the tablets on the walls of the main hall

Plaque.jpg

This is certainly not something i expected to see in an RC school!!!

Nazi.jpg

Do love my door shotz

Doorshots.jpg

Agenda for the day:

Classagenda.jpg

Now i know these are rather comfy, bar the crap on it of course..

Chair.jpg

This room shared a remarkable resemblence to my bedroom and was just bursting with goodness. suprisingly we got to spend a while here even tho we set 3 out of 4 of the PIR's off.....

Bedroomresmblence.jpg

And a couple from Smithfields market in the evening:

Catacombs2.jpg

Not the best of photos, but it gives you an idea of the size of the place:

Catacombs1.jpg

And finally, the fella with a condom on his finger!

BigFella.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details