real time web analytics
Report - - St Mary's Asylum Stannington | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Mary's Asylum Stannington

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Vintage

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey guys. went up with a mate to see what the progress with the demolition on this is. Sadly it doesn't make good news nor viewing. The place has a crappy little fence around it which is easily breached but once inside (which is really easy as every door and window is open/broken now) It makes depressing viewing. Most doors have been stripped off. Windows taken out. The Stripped corridors are not a patch on the brilliance they used to be.

Plus as you get towards the main entrance it gets worse. The buildings around the tower are completely gone, The Hairdressers joins the morgue and garages in disappearing. the roof slates have been completely stripped off the buildings around the main entrance.

Plus there's on site security 10 minutes after the workmen leave. And he patrols through the building. He wasn't interested in what we were doing at all. Just told us to get out. And that was us only lasting in there 45 minutes to an hour. So good luck to anyone still wanting to go.

The chapel is still untouched but we didn't bother with that. (The security hut is right next to it)

Here's some of my photo's. I know there's a few. But i know there's some keen interest from people wanting to know any progress etc.

k30saw.jpg

ibksuf.jpg

4hcuur.jpg

c2il1.jpg

1zvd8qp.jpg

de0nkz.jpg

2drg93l.jpg

24pz0jd.jpg

5ajd5w.jpg

2v9vy9w.jpg

2rxaagl.jpg

fb9pwo.jpg