real time web analytics
Report - - R.I.P Steetley - Night Shoot August 2010 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - R.I.P Steetley - Night Shoot August 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

emotive69

cloak of invisibility
28DL Full Member
A random middle of the night excursion with a fellow tog to our old stomping ground Steetley Magnasite in Hartlepool , last time I was here they had employed a security guard of sorts who happily lets in anyone who wants to come in ..

This time the big machines had been , devastation on a massive scale and pumping out of all the water from the giant concrete wells has begun , the noise of generators running on this site at midnight is truly strange ...

We started at the graveyard end of the site ....

IMG_1380epz.jpg

making our way through the rubble in the dark we headed through the remains of the site and towards the old pipe / pier

IMG_1399epz.jpg

IMG_1407epz.jpg

Some months back a fisherman fell from the end of the old pier and in their wisdom the council decided to remove a part of the pier , to stop people using it ..

IMG_1412epz.jpg

they however removed the wrong bit and the fishermen just wait for the tide and climb up further along somehow or other as can be seen by fire at the end of the pier keeping the chaps warm

IMG_1405epz.jpg

so some shots round the pier area at midnight on long exposures - great fun was had

IMG_1416epz.jpg

IMG_1420epz.jpg

IMG_1415epz.jpg

View attachment 239206

IMG_1424epz.jpg

and a glowstick to amuse the locals :)

bye bye steetley you have been a true inspiration to many a people for many a year .... :Not Worthy

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details