real time web analytics
Report - - Peat Factory, Goole Dec '10 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Peat Factory, Goole Dec '10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

n00shi

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi, this is my first post so be gentle.
Urbex001.jpg

This was an old peat factory, it stopped being in used around 9 years ago. My dad used to work there, so I've been there a few times as a kid but it's a lot worse for wear nowadays. It's a few miles away from Crowle, Goole and Swinefleet.

It's pretty out of the way from anything and it was hellish to drive as the roads were coated in ice. The gates were wide open and obviously nobody was about. It's very opened up, I don't think I saw a single door, and every shutter was either open or broken. There were holes in some breeze-block walls and and many holes in the roofing, leaving massive damp patches in the floor.
Urbex087.jpg
Urbex028.jpg

Urbex044.jpg

Urbex064.jpg

Urbex071.jpg

In recent years it's been gratified and used as a dumping ground.
Urbex079.jpg

Urbex092.jpg

Urbex095.jpg

Urbex099.jpg

Urbex114.jpg

Urbex108.jpg

Urbex119.jpg

The room with the red chair was really quite weird as that was all that was in there pretty much, and the wall of tallied numbers made me wonder.
Urbex165.jpg

Urbex139.jpg

Urbex154.jpg

I discovered my fear of heights when I climbed that broken yellow staircase that was shakier than I'd liked, and the narrow stairs on the side of the machine were quite bent and slippy. I didn't get as much time as I'd like to explore but I'm sure to make a second trip.
When I was leaving I saw this on the side of the building.
Urbex168.jpg

That's all! Sorry if this sucks but I hope you find it fairly interesting.