real time web analytics
Report - - Pilkingtons Tile Factory, Waste Water Treatment Plant - July 2010. | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pilkingtons Tile Factory, Waste Water Treatment Plant - July 2010.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Pilkingtons Tile Factory, Waste Water Treatment Plant - Manchester.

I went for a mooch around the Pilkingtons factory with AndyJ23UK earlier this year believing the 'Tile Factory' was closed and production had ceased. We soon realised it was a no go as we crept around the inner perimeter of the site whilst it was in full swing :eek:

A large portion of the old site has now been demolished, however there is a council depot at the far side, so we didn't hang around too long as there was a fair bit of activity.

Whilst Andy was poking around in the rubble, I decided to hop into the treatment plant for a closer look, as you do.

I cannot find any real info on this place, suffice to say it looks to be purpose built to treat the waste water from the factory with the output being pumped into the Irwell below.

On the way back around the Irwell, we saw a pikey in the middle of the River wielding a lump hammer... We couldn't help ourselves but enquire what the fook he was upto? "Mining for lead" was the reply. FFS is nothing sacred!

ALL pipes lead here...

Tank1_2.jpg

Tank2_8x6.jpg

Tank3_1.jpg

Pit2_1.jpg

Pump2.jpg

Treated2.jpg

Last edited: