real time web analytics
Report - - Strathore Hotel/Hospital, Thornton Fife Oct 2010 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Strathore Hotel/Hospital, Thornton Fife Oct 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

kdyteejay

28DL Member
28DL Member
Okay guys, go easy. This is my first post so If there is something wrong I apologise in advance.

I don't pretend to know the history of this site and it has been visited before so more information may be found in other previous posts.
As far as I can find out on the internet this site has had many uses:
Proposed in 1900 & opened in 1902, Thornton Fever Hospital was an isolated hospital to treat patients suffering from Diphtheria, Scarlet fever, meningitis etc.

The hospital closed & the former nurses quarters were used as a hotel under the name of Corsbie Hall Hotel, then a care home known as Fosterton Firs until the late 80s/early 90s when it reverted back to a hospital under the name of Strathore Lodge Hotel. Latterly it was used by Strathore Plant Hire Ltd until c2006.

At some point it was also used as a childrens home.

As far as I understand the site was to be levelled and houses built on the site. Obviously that has still to take place - I visited twice late 2010, October and November (after it had snowed) and still not demolished.

Any way hope you enjoy the photos.

Hospital Photos First:

DSC_8871.jpg

DSC_7827.jpg

DSC_7782.jpg

DSC_7769.jpg

DSC_7753.jpg

DSC_7724.jpg

DSC_7719.jpg

Hotel Photos:

DSC_7869.jpg

Strathore_1.jpg