Thread: Bold Street, Liverpool

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0
    Given: 196/0

Default Re: Bold Street, Liverpool

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddenliverpool View Post
    Hi Guys,
    as far as i am aware there were reprts of a street under lime street (under the head of steam, which in my opinion was the cellars of an old building
    I heard about that one-some paranormal group jazzed it up as a "street" when cellars were all that it was. There's another rumour about an underground street from Lime St station to the Adelphi,which I believe as far as I can throw a steam locomotive from the SSR.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkUK View Post
    It's a good job Liverpool can't just collapse into a rumour as it seems there's nothing holding it up apart from tunnels, underground canals and lakes!!
    Interesting note here-there is a cavern of some sort under the Royal Court from which they're pumping out a lot of smelly water,which they suspect has a well down the bottom. The lady doing the tour also mentioned they thought another similar cavern existed under the Holiday Inn.

Dave.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 119/2
    Given: 142/0

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

I've seen a couple of basements pretty flooded round there but not to lake depth.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 1/0

There do seem to be a lot of cavernous structures in Liverpool, like the tunnels over near Edge Hill or the shafts under the docks. I can't remember the names of either though, but I think Edge Hill was the Williamson tunnels.

Thumbs Up/Down

I think there's some deep tunnels leading off somewhere, around the basement of the bookshop news from nowhere, the basement is also a cafe ran by volunteers, so it might be worth a look

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey guys, someone mentioned about there being access to underneath Bold Street - round the back of Liverpool Central Station and the old Lewis' department store there is a ramp which leads down to underneath the station (presumably for deliveries) so maybe that's what the person in the original article saw. And to Romanarmy4, I've been into the Next To Nowhere cafe quite a few times and there aren't any tunnels running off from it, it's just a pretty big basement that's deep down. Hope I was helpful.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 29/0
    Given: 31/0

Right guys, bit of an update on this.

Outside the Argos on bold street there are those glass floor things, one of them is missing and you can see down into a big room, it must be a 20ft drop. I didnt have my camera at the time but will try and get back there soon, before they fix it lol

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey pickle 1984, I've been doing a report on the "tunnels" in bold street, and I've seen a few cellars, all of which seem to over run the foundations and continue into the middle of the street a bit, mate that's what's going on @argos, there were tales of a tunnel that leads down underneath foners ( now Claudia's jewelry ) although she is not allowing access, her boyfriend Had reportedly popped his head DOWN into the tunnel, which leads me to believe its under the cellars, it lead off towards the other side of the road and disappears into where central station was ( now a car park) I did see a concrete " cap" in a cellar a few doors down in the floor of the cellar, end of the cap had been chipped away like someone's Tried to open it before, but they were unsuccessful, my belief is that if there were any tunnels still in bold street they will be only short and blocked off,

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 29/0
    Given: 31/0

Quote Originally Posted by hiddenliverpool View Post
    Hey pickle 1984, I've been doing a report on the "tunnels" in bold street, and I've seen a few cellars, all of which seem to over run the foundations and continue into the middle of the street a bit, mate that's what's going on @argos, there were tales of a tunnel that leads down underneath foners ( now Claudia's jewelry ) although she is not allowing access, her boyfriend Had reportedly popped his head DOWN into the tunnel, which leads me to believe its under the cellars, it lead off towards the other side of the road and disappears into where central station was ( now a car park) I did see a concrete " cap" in a cellar a few doors down in the floor of the cellar, end of the cap had been chipped away like someone's Tried to open it before, but they were unsuccessful, my belief is that if there were any tunnels still in bold street they will be only short and blocked off,
    Thats really interesting hidden! would love to buy you coffee one day and pick your brain!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 648/1
    Given: 348/0