real time web analytics
Report - - Tain Holiday Village, Omeath, Ireland, March '11- Report | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tain Holiday Village, Omeath, Ireland, March '11- Report

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

big pimp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is a first for me - my first report, and my first real UrBex.

It was so exciting to go and do it, and I have definitely been bitten with the bug.

Brief Introduction on site.

The Tain (pronounced 'tawn') holiday resort is situated alongside Carlingford Lough with 40,000 square feet of indoor leisure facilities for all age groups.
It has everything you would want on a leisure site - Swimming pool, indoor adventure playgrounds, sports hall, bedrooms, bars, restaurants, classrooms - so much to explore!

Established in 1994 as an outdoor adventure centre, but as far as I can find out it has been in use previously as a caravan and holiday site.

It has been closed since 2007, and it literally seems like they have walked out of the place and left it as it was!

onto the explore
I visited the site with my two brothers. Access was simple - literally walked onto the site. all doors were open, and although there was some boarding up done, there was easy access to all parts of every building.

there is evidence that thieves have been at work with copper fittings and fixtures removed, and lots of cables and wires left, but apart from that there was minimal evidence of intrusion, with no graffitti really. Truly a virgin explore! Some parts were quite freaky, and reminded me of the movie, 'The Shining'!

the photos
the guard house.... which I didn't really believe!
IMG_2867.jpg

the rear of the buildings:
IMG_2742.jpg

no more fun & games:
IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2845.jpg

modern UrBex Art?
IMG_2759.jpg

dont know what he's smiling about
IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

overgrown...
IMG_2767.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

to the games room!
IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg

yesterdays news, todays history?
IMG_2780.jpg

how it used to be done:
IMG_2784.jpg

angry lookin dude!
IMG_2793.jpg

the myth and legend:
IMG_2794.jpg

maybe a bit out of date?
IMG_2797.jpg

Guinness.... it's still good for you!
IMG_2798.jpg

even the toys are old!
IMG_2807.jpg

anyone missing a shoe?
IMG_2809.jpg

inside main building office:
IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

ReDrUm:
IMG_2843.jpg

deeper inside:
IMG_2846.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

the obligatory mirror shot - yours truly
IMG_2813.jpg

Hope you all have enjoyed my first report.

I'll definitely be back, and will spend a bit more time as we did kind of rush through it!​

Last edited: