real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - Police condemn Lincoln cathedral climbers | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News Police condemn Lincoln cathedral climbers

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ

AJ
28DL Full Member
The '28DL in the News' thread folder is at bursting point. Another one:

Police condemn Lincoln cathedral climbers

Police have condemned the actions of so-called "urban explorers" who claim to have climbed Lincoln cathedral.

The group has posted photos of themselves posing with statues 100ft (30m) high on the cathedral.

They claim to have made two trips to the landmark in August and said they also got inside the building.

Dick Holmes, from Lincolnshire Police, described their actions as "totally irresponsible".

The climbers have described climbing scaffolding on the building before entering the cathedral through a small door.

Mr Holmes said: "It's a stupid thing to do. If we catch them doing that they will inevitably be arrested on suspicion of attempted burglary.

"They risk injury or death and they put people at risk who may have to go up there and get them down if they fall and injure themselves."

The Dean of Lincoln, the Very Reverend Philip Buckler, said: "It is a shame that people feel they can trespass in a building like this when it is a building that's open to everyone to come and see.

"Many of the views that they had could have been achieved on one of our roof tours when we allow people to come and see these wonderful sights but with safety."

BBC News Lincolnshire

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
If we catch them doing that they will inevitably be arrested on suspicion of attempted burglary

yeah 'inevitable', that's what we've come to expect of the great british police.

georgie

He Never Even Got There
28DL Full Member
just been reading about falling number of visitors to the cathedral....

maybe this recent interest will get numbers back up...

good work again chaps....

Squirrell 911

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This is probably the biggest bit of news to hit Lincoln since the great cow tipping scandal of 1972!

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
Police have condemned the actions of so-called "urban explorers" who claim to have climbed Lincoln cathedral.

Claim? I think the pictures proves it

Mr Holmes said: "It's a stupid thing to do. If we catch them doing that they will inevitably be arrested on suspicion of attempted burglary.

I usually see burglars carrying camera equipment

"Many of the views that they had could have been achieved on one of our roof tours when we allow people to come and see these wonderful sights but with safety."

That I completely disagree, the Cathedral closes at night so the public cant see night views

Bad bad Lincolnshire news!

AJ

AJ
28DL Full Member
Yes, it probably is Squirrel. The place is a ghost town after midnight.

This report is a surprise after the original statement from Lincolnshire Police spokesman James Newall in the Lincolnite article (still the most popular story on their website):

''Lincolnshire Police spokesman James Newall told The Lincolnite: “We have not received a complaint about this issue and as there does not appear to be any criminal intent, this is more likely to be a case of civil trespass and not a police matter.''

just been reading about falling number of visitors to the cathedral....

maybe this recent interest will get numbers back up...

good work again chaps....

Yes, there's an article and video report on it here for anyone who's interested.

Bone

As you do
28DL Full Member
Lincoln city did once win a football match, that was nearly exciting!

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
yeah but it would also be good for them to get there facts right also !

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
"The Dean of Lincoln, the Very Reverend Philip Buckler, said: "It is a shame that people feel they can trespass in a building like this when it is a building that's open to everyone to come and see."

I presume the guide is happy to stop late to get those excellent long exposure images once the sun's gone down?

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
The irony about this, Is that me and Forsaken haven't broken they law where the BBC and others have by copyright :rolleyes:

The Stig

Urbex = Nosey Bastard
28DL Full Member
The irony about this, Is that me and Forsaken haven't broken they law where the BBC and others have by copyright :rolleyes:

Get the invoice sent off!!!!!! say £2000 and you forget the breatch of breaking copyrights??? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details