real time web analytics
Report - - Cannon Brewery, Sheffield - September 2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cannon Brewery, Sheffield - September 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Urbex13

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The History

The brewery was originally owned by Shepherd, Green & Hatfield and was taken over by William Stones in 1865. The company was highly successful and very profitable in to the second half of the twentieth century, brewing - most famously - Stones Bitter as well as Carling Black Label and various other beers and ales. The brewery itself fell victim to the decline in popularity of Stones Bitter and the ownership of the site changed hands a number of times in the years before its final closure in 1999.

The Explore

I've had the fortune of moving in to student accommodation relatively close to a stack of different abandoned buildings in Sheffield so thought it had to be done. Previous issues with a lack transport had lead to me not posting in ages but hopefully the amount of sites in the area will mean that I get some more stuff up. This place is trashed, I don't think I've ever seen quite so many broken windows, I found it relatively unremarkable accept for the Brewing halls and the rooftops (which were accessed through a door that was labelled conference room :crazy). It's a big site and I'm sure I missed bits so a return visit will be on the cards.

Anyone in the area who wants to visit or needs an exploring partner pm me. I'd love to explore George Barnsley and sons, if anyone has any info or is up for having a look that would be brilliant!

The Photos

P9180929_30_31_tonemapped-1.jpg

P9180933_4_5_tonemapped-1.jpg

P9180918_19_20_tonemapped-2-1.jpg

P9180912_3_4_tonemapped-1-1.jpg

P9180855_7_8_tonemapped-1.jpg

P9180848-1-1.jpg

P9180897_8_9_tonemapped-2.jpg

P9180939_40_41_tonemapped-1.jpg

Thanks for looking through, get in touch if you want to explore in the area :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details