real time web analytics
Report - - Stone House Hospital and Water Tower, Oct 11 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stone House Hospital and Water Tower, Oct 11

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I first wandered the grounds of Stone House in 2006, but it was in the process of winding down and I only saw a very small portion of tunnels back then. I've never really bothered with it since then believing it to be too modernised to be of interest... how wrong I was.

Convinced by Speed that it was worth a look we went for a mooch before a night in the big smoke. I was amazed to find Victorian wooden cell doors still in situ with their peep holes intact, along with other small details one would have expected to find in the great asylum explores of the last decade. Most of the usual things were present... Hall, tiles in admin, rows of cells and of course a fine water tower.

The tower had at some stage been gutted, it's wooden floors and steps replaced by a single metal ladder, quite hard work to climb! The top had a funny hatch which took a min or two to work out but common sense won over ignorance and we were able to admire fabulous views over the hospital and of the Thames. We then ran out of light and had other places to be, but it was great to crack one of the missing water towers from my "collection"

If you plan a visit I appeal to you to have a good look around, there is more to see here...

stone5of25.jpg

stone4of25.jpg

stone3of25.jpg

stone2of25.jpg

stone1of25.jpg

stone15of5.jpg

stone14of5.jpg

stone13of5.jpg

stone12of5.jpg

stone11of5.jpg

stone25of25.jpg

stone24of25.jpg