real time web analytics
Report - - Lea Quarry, Much Wenlock. Oct 2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lea Quarry, Much Wenlock. Oct 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Louisab

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My friendly search button tells me that Lea Quarry has featured on here previously so I’m not going to go into the geology lesson about the type or how the rock of Wenlock Edge was formed many millions of years ago.

There has been talk of the National Trust taking on and managing the site for many years. The Shropshire Local Access Forum report from January 2011 states that the owners (Aggregates industries) have asked the National Trust for more money as they believe the site could be developed as a holiday village. It mentions outline planning permission would be put before the council to test feasibility. (A quick search of Shropshire council online planning portal doesn’t reveal any pending applications)

However, the 2011/2012 Much Wenlock Place plan states the following:
  • Investment requirement and opportunities – Restoration of former quarry at Wenlock Edge (Lea Quarry)
  • Lead delivery partners – Aggregate Industries UK and National Trust
  • Other partners – Shropshire Biodiversity partnership and Shropshire Council
  • Cost - £2.5 million
  • Timescale – ongoing
  • Potential
funding sources – External funding, develop a funding bid

As pictures of this place have been seen before, I’ve tried something different. If you don’t like the format – please say so and I won’t do it in this way again and will revert to standard format :)

Finally, this place was awash with innuendo so comments on the content of the final picture set are, of course, expected :)

006.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

007.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

The chair pics..

002.jpg

The instructions in the middle bottom pic, so very helpful ;)

008.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details