real time web analytics
Report - - Beelitz Heilstätten (Germany), May 2012 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Beelitz Heilstätten (Germany), May 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

2wid

ratamahatta
28DL Full Member
Hello after a short technical break i had, hope you didn't miss me :)

And now for something completely different..

Very pleasant road trip executed with: Life is Illusion, Płomień and Rocko.

Place was rather big, we move around four separate parts and each of them had few buildings.

history: Originally built as a tuberculosis sanatorium this massive complex was converted into a military hospital during World War I by the German Imperial Army. As mentioned above a young Corporal Adolph Hitler was treated at this hospital in October of 1916 for a leg wound received from British shelling during the Battle of Somme.

In 1945, after the defeat of Nazi Germany, the German nation was divided in two. At this point in history the USSR took control of the facility turning it into a Soviet military hospital. Even after the reunification of Germany on October 3, 1990 the Soviet Army remained in control of the hospital until 1995.

Following the Soviet withdrawal, attempts were made to privatize the complex, but they were not entirely successful. Some sections of the hospital remain in operation as a neurological rehabilitation center and as a center for research and care for victims of Parkinsons disease. The remainder of the complex, including the surgery, the psychiatric ward, and a rifle range, was abandoned in 2000. (wikipedia)

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

04a.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg