real time web analytics
Report - - Croftinloan School, Near Pitlochry, August 2012 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Croftinloan School, Near Pitlochry, August 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mrex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Spotted this in leads in rumours, and was passing that way for work so thought I'd check it out.
Lovely building on the outside, but the interior was slightly disappointing unless you like empty rooms :(

There were a couple of interesting features remaining such as the morgue style freezer, and the old range type cooker.

Couldn't find a lot of history on the place except that it closed in July 2000 after struggling for years to keep pupil numbers at a viable level.

The former school building is to be converted into 12 flats, and houses are to be built on the remainder of the site.

On with the pics...

BayWindow.jpg

WoodenFire.jpg

Range.jpg

Freezer.jpg

Foyer.jpg

Stairs.jpg

Sinks.jpg

Bath.jpg

View.jpg

External1.jpg

OldDoor.jpg

External2.jpg

External3.jpg

CoatArms.jpg

Thanks for looking..

Mr Ex

june gibson

28DL Member
28DL Member
I worked at this school form 1980 to 1986 and it was the best years of my life working with the staff and 120 children from around the world. Sir and Lady McClure were at the helm ruling over us with a rod of iron lol. I remember the school being so full of life and a girl I worked with even had her wedding there. It's so sad to see it like this and I believe the building is now no longer there. We lived in the farmhouse at the back of the school and in the winter time we borrowed the kids sledges to get to work. Happy days. June Gibson

Lavino

28DL Full Member
Why has this show up as a new thread when it was posted in 2012.