real time web analytics
Report - - Indoor Cricket Stadium - Ipswich - September 2013 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Indoor Cricket Stadium - Ipswich - September 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Boops

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello All,

I wanted to get out and do another explore in my local area, so thank you to mlcuk for the lead for this one - link here - http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/leads-rumours-news/80085-indoor-cricket-stadium-quasar-ipswich.html

I chose this place as it looks very easy! and i am just getting into the swing of things at the moment. Unfortunately, the ease of access has been exploited by vandals, and large parts of the site are just smashed to pieces. Also, the place is quite modern and I would much prefer to be in somewhere a bit older... but like they say, you have to start somewhere right? I also listened to the feedback from my last attempt, and left the pictures unedited!

There isn't much history on the place, but in my youth, I used to play cricket and 5-a-side football here and it always seemed very popular and full - I didn't even realise it had shut down! There are some receipts and cheques laying around that suggest that the last business was done in 2001. The local paper reports that the site will soon be developed into a children's residential home, link here for those interested.

So the explore:

mcluk was right, getting in was easy, this is the building from the driveway:
DSCF3899_zps9554ddc9.jpg

I was greeted by this mess in reception - everything smashed to pieces:
DSCF3863_zps9db73e65.jpg

Last business could have been in 2001:
DSCF3870_zps3acd2a34.jpg

The champions from 1987:
DSCF3866_zpsf2bc4f95.jpg

They left some steps in case you needed access to any high stuff!
DSCF3887_zps500ec0a2.jpg

The Bar! I remember having a few drinks here!
DSCF3891_zpse285f931.jpg

This is the view from the corner of the last court, i cant zoom out any more as I have a fixed prime lens camera!
DSCF3884_zps37b09c74.jpg

You could watch the matches right down the side of the nets, now just full of smashed up stuff:
DSCF3877_zps21c04209.jpg

Loads of stuff had been used to smash the windows and then deposited on the floor outside, a surviving trophy:
DSCF3895_zps99d85882.jpg

Thanks for viewing, feedback always welcome!