real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - Excellent piece & New pictures on BT Anchor Exchange in Birmingham by The B'ham Post | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News Excellent piece & New pictures on BT Anchor Exchange in Birmingham by The B'ham Post

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Derelict-UK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Re: Excellent piece & New pictures on BT Anchor Exchange in Birmingham by The B'ham P

Amazing, thanks for posting. I haven't seen any of the pictures before, and at least it's still there and in mint condition.

Derelict-UK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Excellent piece & New pictures on BT Anchor Exchange in Birmingham by The B'ham P

And apparently not flooded either!! Albeit constant battle of pumping, but the lower section not under water as BT wants you to believe!!

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Thanks for sharing bit disappoited with the lack of pics given the opportunity, still it's 10 more than anyone else has I guess

FaZy_UK

28DL Regular User
Regular User

Nice to finally see some pics of this place, thanks for sharing.

Also surprised it hasn't been left to flood :)

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Nice to finally see some pics of this place, thanks for sharing.

Also surprised it hasn't been left to flood :)

I'm not surprised, it's a working fibre optic junction thing type place. God knows where the entrance is now. I think myself and Raddog came the closest quite a while back, that's a different story.

nokiaman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

I'm not surprised, it's a working fibre optic junction thing type place. God knows where the entrance is now. I think myself and Raddog came the closest quite a while back, that's a different story.

That would be a very silly thing to do, unless you want to spend time at her majesty's pleasure.

Derelict-UK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

People do 'silly' things [edit: When I say silly, I don't mean act it, I mean do something you wouldn't and usually with the correct safety gear to do it], some people get away with it, others don't. For many people it's the rush that goes with the hobby. That said, being caught in Anchor would no doubt be a lot harder to worm your way out of than the standard derelict factory!!

nokiaman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

People do 'silly' things [edit: When I say silly, I don't mean act it, I mean do something you wouldn't and usually with the correct safety gear to do it], some people get away with it, others don't. For many people it's the rush that goes with the hobby. That said, being caught in Anchor would no doubt be a lot harder to worm your way out of than the standard derelict factory!!

Your more likely to get lost, and then find you can't get out, even if you get that far, which is almost impossible.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User

Your more likely to get lost, and then find you can't get out, even if you get that far, which is almost impossible.

You seem to know a lot about the place ,care to elaborate on any information etc?

Derelict-UK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

So they have just ripped the Birmingham Post's article with exactly the same words and pictures but failed to credit the original author of the piece (words: by Matthew Goer, Associated Architects, NOT by Birmingham Mail Executive Editor, Paul Cole).

I know they are sister papers but crediting a story to your name and not the original creator is copyright theft.

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User

When have the Birmingham Mail ever been known for their profession conduct?

Derelict-UK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

If it's anything like the Manchester Guardian which there were pictures of on this site a while back (but no more), the site has maps inside. Also for safety, I am sure there are emergency exit signs in case of fire. They won't be locked as they are emergency exits so will be great to use as an escape. It might raise suspicion when you exit out of a rectangle manhole, but by the time they twig, you have already disappeared into the back streets.

Who has read this thread (Total: 255) View details