real time web analytics
Report - - Whittlesey ROC post - April 2014 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Whittlesey ROC post - April 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

eitatv

28DL Member
28DL Member
I recently visited the Whittlesey ROC post. I found out about this place from another users post (Frizman). I knew what to expect but was somehow still disappointed.

Here you can see the location of the shaft to the rooms below - on farming land
1B6epZv.jpg

Closer picture of the shaft, you can clearly see it's not in the best of conditions
Y0knDAc.jpg

You can see here that the ladder has been sealed shut with a steel plate, tried looking past it but could see nothing more than darkness
8ipKS2H.jpg

I noticed that the hinge/lock for the missing hatch has been cut, I have no idea why, any ideas?
gSFr8FI.jpg

Some kind of air vent?
ClQUq9F.jpg

I have no idea what this is, does anyone else know?
Gay028x.jpg

Another shot of the location - hidden beneath a field behind a housing estate
lmwMoS1.jpg

Thanks for looking through it all. If anyone has any further information or images from before the shaft was sealed it would be appreciated.

floyjoy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report, interesting to see the post sealed from the ladder rather than the top. Aside from the concrete air vent, the other surface feature is a Fixed Survey Meter.

The Subterranea Britannica website has some photos of the inside here: WHITTLESEY Cambridgeshire

frizman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There is a better one not too far away.. I was right near this one only last night and was wondering if anyone had managed to remove the metal plate. Although according to Subbrit theres nothing much left down there.