real time web analytics
Report - - ST Joseph's Convent (Order of the Poor Clares) - April 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - ST Joseph's Convent (Order of the Poor Clares) - April 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

SamEss

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After stumbling across a report of this place from early 2013, i decided to go take a stroll to the old home of Poor Clares to see what condition the place was in. After finding a way over a 20ft high wall and rambling through 5 acres of overgrown garden's and thorn bushes we reached the building's. Finding an entry point was a huge task of it's own as every door was either locked, jammed or had been screwed shut. After about 45 minutes of thumbling around i finally found entry [REMOVED] Looking back at photo's from the last report i've seen on this place, its clear to see that slowly but surely, the place is being emptied out of its treasures, and yea, that say's treasures. This place is an antique enthusiast's dream. Needless to say, we had a great time wandering around dressing up and just spending the day being fool's. We was there for a good 6 hours and still don't manage to explore all of the buildings. As you can probably guess, leaving over that wall in the rain and sloppy conditions was a big task in its own!

1z1sbnn.jpg

52ap29.png

2eph4rl.png

2ll0kcn.png

166jjfb.jpg

20qymfp.png

35hifko.jpg

Last edited:

ASOM

One-Man Urbex Art Army
28DL Full Member
Yeah have handles a few more pics actually! (they look a bit like they're taken on film??)

Steve Clark

28DL Member
28DL Member
Update re this building, after having a rather nice conversation with a Nun in the grounds of the Convent this morning it seems that the Convent is back to being occupied due to visits by those who have other ideas than taking photos. She asked me to pass this on.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Update re this building, after having a rather nice conversation with a Nun in the grounds of the Convent this morning it seems that the Convent is back to being occupied due to visits by those who have other ideas than taking photos. She asked me to pass this on.

So that"s us "Photo Takers" informed.....what about those "others"?

I"ll cancel my special order for those ACME 25 ft high stilts now :)