real time web analytics
Report - - Harpers Fitness - Leicester Wigston swimming pool - May 2014 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Harpers Fitness - Leicester Wigston swimming pool - May 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Woofoo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello all,

This is my 1st post on here .

Been out with my mate to Our old swimming baths that's now disused.

I believe the pool was built at the same time as the schools Bushloe and Guthlaxton College (built 1954-7, ages 14-18, former grammar school)
as we used to go there for swimming lessons,

The baths shut March 31st 2014 , photos taken 25th May 2014

the baths are to be demolished to make way to a new complex May 2015 of a 6 lane super pool

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

Last edited:

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
The pictures still look a bit over-cooked to me, but well done for not throwing a hissy fit :thumb

Visited here myself and not long stuck up a report
What SJP said, but I have to say you had some nice lighting, and its a good report.
Look forward to more of your reports from Leicester area

Woofoo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have more Photos of Places I have been to The Wombat but they are (HDR RAW ) so they will stay on my Pc for now i think

Woofoo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I understand the type of Images now Els , that's why I said I'd Re-edit at some point, and thank you for the time you guys have put in

Mr Beady

Beards
28DL Full Member
It's strange how a few weeks can effect a building RE: graff compared to rich's report

Lensed

28DL Member
28DL Member
Really wanted to explore this place myself as I drive past it everyday! Shame it was set on fire a few days ago. Pricks. Real nice pictures though!! X

Jesus Quintana

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi Woofoo,

Lovely set there! I'm super-jealous you managed to get in Wiggy baths. I went late-ish Sunday and there was security there (sitting in a car inside the grounds, behind the new gates). I was gutted. I went again last night...security there again. I'm sadly going to have to write this one off. It makes me think there's something of particular interest for them to have around-the-clock security, 7 days a week.

Looking forward to your other RAW files!

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Hi Woofoo,

Lovely set there! I'm super-jealous you managed to get in Wiggy baths. I went late-ish Sunday and there was security there (sitting in a car inside the grounds, behind the new gates). I was gutted. I went again last night...security there again. I'm sadly going to have to write this one off. It makes me think there's something of particular interest for them to have around-the-clock security, 7 days a week.

Looking forward to your other RAW files!

Im guessing security are there, as some bloody kids set fire to it a few weeks back :mad

Jesus Quintana

28DL Member
28DL Member
Im guessing security are there, as some bloody kids set fire to it a few weeks back :mad

Well I went to Whetstone tonight (Whittle/English Electric building). Spent a couple of hours there and seeing as I was Wiggy end, I swung by the baths....No security!! I'm going to check over the next few days before going to try and get some photos. Cheers for the heads up about the fire though. :thumb