real time web analytics
Report - - Baltimore Wharf Tower/ 400ft Crane, London - June, 2014 - FIRST REPORT | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Baltimore Wharf Tower/ 400ft Crane, London - June, 2014 - FIRST REPORT

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DyingLlama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey guys,

I decided on Saturday that I wanted to climb something. After looking here on the 'under construction' section, I found the Baltimore Wharf Tower. I decided to visit on Sunday night, because the streets would be empty, and construction workers would be cleared out.

Construction
The Baltimore Wharf Tower is located in Canary Wharf near Crossharbour. It is going to be turned into a large round apartment complex once construction is finished. It is currently at twenty something floors, and when finished it will be 46 floors. The crane towers very high over it at the moment. For more visit Baltimore Tower - London E14

My Visit
I showed up before sunset and spent a while examining the area for a blind spot. Once I found an easy entrance, I pretended like a tourist and walked around for 30 minutes. The sun had set when I entered, but it was still light. I made my way into the tower's staircase, and found out that the stairs ended at the fifth floor. I did a bit of poking around on the bottom floor and found a future elevator shaft. Inside of it there was a large support beam that looked like the shaft of a small crane. I climbed up that for about 20 floors, then jumped from the top of it to a ledge at the top of the shaft. I climbed a few ladders to get to the roof. After coming back down, I climbed up the crane that was much taller than the tower itself, and took a walk on the jib.

bfje2o.jpg

2rxhbbr.jpg

One picture from the ground and one crappy picture from the jib looking towards Canary Wharf.
Here's the video I made from it with my gopro.

Have a nice day,
DyingLlama

D

Deleted member 77241

That looks excellent... even if slightly insane :Not Worthy

DyingLlama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
dude props man. love cranes. well done.

Thanks man. Best explore I've had.

Absolutely mate. Looks so fun

I cannot emphasize the adrenaline I had in this explore. Especially when I was leaving. I was climbing back over the perimeter wall and a couple saw me. I got the hell out of there, and when I ran around a corner I literally hit a security guard, but just said good day and kept on running haha.

More pics would be nice..Video does look a tad mental tho!

Yeah I've been looking into getting a nice camera, some great shots would make this post so much better.

That looks excellent... even if slightly insane :Not Worthy

Thanks, been trying to eliminate my fear of heights, and I'm getting there.

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Brilliant, just brilliant. I guess you could say this isn't really a report, as it needs more photos… But regardless, loved the video. Repsect dude.

Boomstick84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
:eek:

I go past that site every day on the way to and from work (can even see it out the window of the office now) and have often wondered if anybody had/would give it a go.

I'm terrified of extreme heights and the thought of even attempting it makes me shiver so you're a far braver man than I.

Serious respect for tackling that! :thumb