real time web analytics
Report - - Angel croft hotel, Lichfield - June 2014 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Angel croft hotel, Lichfield - June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

fairyclarey

Never stop exploring :)
28DL Full Member
history

The angel croft hotel in Lichfield I cant find a lot of history on this place this is what I found :)
The building itself was built in 1750 and is a grade ll listed building it was first used as a wine merchants and then in the 1930s became a hotel.

explore

There isn't much left inside there but it was an interesting place the stair case was lovely and we had fun playing barmaids in the bar to that was cool :)

ousew1.jpg

m754c7.jpg

s4z1gi.jpg

es0scm.jpg

2nb6b1f.jpg

33vgpvp.jpg

4gg9y0.jpg

34ql6w1.jpg

2luqvxv.jpg

64oyed.jpg

vgh0le.jpg

os4sw8.jpg

ae85nd.jpg

thanks for looking

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User
Thats really not so bad. Like you say that stair case is nice. The art deco tiolet sign is great and that lovely vintage "Arkwright's cash register"
Would of been much nicer light painted though instead of the harsh flash but very good effort all the same.

The Stig

Urbex = Nosey Bastard
28DL Full Member
Good stuff there :) Only issue is the pictures need to re-sized but apart from that, cracking stuff :)

fairyclarey

28DL Full Member
Cheers guys it was pitch black inside I will have a look into resizing the pictures I thought they were abit big :)

Madasirrah

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well I never!
I used to look after the fire alarm in that place years ago when I worked for Gent!
That was about 10 years ago, and it was in a bit of a state then... Funny chap the owner was, wouldn't spend any money on the place, the alarm equipment was pretty old & out of date back then!
Any idea when It closed down?
In fact, in pic.2 just in front of the expelair fan, there's a goldy coloured object on the ceiling. That's a heat detector on the fire alarm.... From the 70/80's!

lewisg123

28DL Member
28DL Member
I live a 5 minute walk away from this building. Go past everyday noticing more changes to the gate. Can you please tell me how you got in. Around the back there is also a little building that creeped me out.

fairyclarey

28DL Full Member
I think it's been closed for a while mate,I can believe that about the owner still a nice little explore for us tho :)

Ems

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Beautiful photos. I looked at having my wedding reception here in 2003, but it was tired and old fashioned. It closed finally in 2008, although I understand the owners were still living in the hotel for some time. It was sold to a hotel chain in 2010, who wanted to restore it, but the costs of renovating the listed building were considered too high. A planning application was submitted in December 2013 to transform it to 8 apartments.

The car park is used but has a HUGE hole near the entrance, making it positively dangerous to drive into!

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details