real time web analytics
Report - - Syndicate Nightclub, Blackpool. July 2014. | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Syndicate Nightclub, Blackpool. July 2014.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Milleniumd

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've listed this in the theatres and cinemas section as the building functioned as the ABC cinema up until 2000.

The ABC building was bought in the summer of 2001 for about £4million by local entrepreneurs Mike and Sandra Nordwind and converted into the Syndicate nightclub. It opened in December 2002, with none of the original interior remaining.[3][6]

The club was closed for a month in October 2005 when it lost its late night drinks licence in court, after Blackpool Police had presented a dossier of alleged violence at the club, which magistrates decided was so serious they withdrew the licence to sell alcohol after 11pm. The club re-opened on 26 November after agreeing to withdraw their application for a new 4am licence.[7]

After the club closed in January 2006 following the refusal of a 4am licence,[8] it was bought in May by national operator Nexum Leisure who undertook a £1m refurbishment of the venue.[1] In June 2007 the venue launched a weekly Polish Night (Polska Noc) aimed at the resorts Polish and Eastern European population.[9]

On 7 September 2008, John Robb the vocalist in the punk rock band Goldblade who co-founded The Membranes in Blackpool in 1977 and who also works as a journalist and television pundit, hosted a special event entitled "A Celebration of Music, Fashion & Football 1975–1995" at the Syndicate, with guest speakers Andy Nicholls, Shane Meadows and former Inspiral Carpets musician Clint Boon.[10]

On 14 September 2008 the Syndicate staged a boxing event with American former world heavyweight champion, Tim Witherspoon making a guest appearance. Eric "Butterbean" Esch took on Mark Potter for the European Boxing Federation Heavyweight title.[11]

The Syndicate closed on 10 August 2011, posting a closing notice on Facebook.

We visited the site in July 2014. Access was relatively easy. Have a stroll around the rear of the building if you're planning on visiting. There is natural light coming in from the front of the building which helps navigation. No sign of security. Don't be deterred by the functioning generator to the rear of the building - there was no one inside. Be careful on the indoor balcony as the safety raising have been removed. This is my first post. I hope you enjoy it.

imagejpg17_zpsc5385089.jpg

imagejpg18_zps7a11e020.jpg

imagejpg19_zps2cd6804f.jpg

imagejpg8_zps95e12915.jpg

imagejpg3_zps8dafe75f.jpg

imagejpg2_zps2c8824da.jpg

imagejpg5_zpsda9a7974.jpg

imagejpg7_zpsffae33e3.jpg

imagejpg13_zpsb46d2f81.jpg

imagejpg15_zps490fcb14.jpg

imagejpg23_zps4bae1b18.jpg

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice work. We got in a fair bit but were collered by workmen in the end!

Didn't fancy the fly tower ladder then?!

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice one, had a look at this place a couple of years ago but sadly was tightly sealed at the time.

Good to see inside!

Ric

темний Прип'ять
28DL Full Member
Not bad, lose the dodgy picture borders and effects though

Milleniumd

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fly tower ladder? I didn't see that. May go back. Point taken about the borders. No effects used though.

Chris Leach

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi there, I found this blog whilst looking for original pics to make a blog of my own. I'm happy to see that someone else has covered this. I have a number of pics of the entire building before the deconstruction ceased, with some lighting inside. Would you like me to post them???

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Hi Chris, cheers for joining up but posting images as a reply will only result in your efforts being lost upon archiving of the thread so why not consider posting a report if you have some images of your own too, that way they will remain for good...welcome mate :)

georgie

He Never Even Got There
28DL Full Member
Good work

When copying from wiki though be sure to edit out the numbers in brackets i always find it annoying

Milleniumd

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi there, I found this blog whilst looking for original pics to make a blog of my own. I'm happy to see that someone else has covered this. I have a number of pics of the entire building before the deconstruction ceased, with some lighting inside. Would you like me to post them???

Please Chris. Id love to see them.