real time web analytics
Report - - The Old Red House/ Hannington/ July 2014 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Old Red House/ Hannington/ July 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Lone Shadow

Industrial Fanatic!
28DL Full Member
History
Built in 1845 and originally called “The Green Man†this pub has come to be known as a landmark Northamptonshire building. It is mostly known for its bizarre location and for a long run of over 100 years as “The Old Red Houseâ€. The pub changed its name for a third time to “Henry’s of Hannington†after the old landlord decided to commit suicide by hanging himself on the third floor room. Henry’s of Hannington finally closed its doors for the last time in 2003, ironically after winning the “Pub of the year†award the very same year.

The Explore
Went for a local mooch by myself one evening after work. This was the first stop, the second being a KTFC revisit. Entering was no problem at all as the place is completely derped. It was a nice little explore in the middle of nowhere, no chance of any secca out here, just the smell of fresh manure to keep you company. There seems to be quite a few pieces of old furniture and a few personal belongings left behind, but most of it has been damaged by thugs and vandals. It looks like the squatters have recently taken residence at some point. Such a shame see this once glorious public house in such disrepair. It is due for demolition in the near future.

The Pictures
_67666475_67666474_zps35688030.jpg

DSC03514_zpsf1bc4bff.jpg

DSC03474_zps6ad321e1.jpg

DSC03477_zpsd8b3a9ca.jpg

DSC03475_zps99dc5a7d.jpg

DSC03485_zpsb7ca0acf.jpg

DSC03481_zps82e217f9.jpg

DSC03480_zps657c2223.jpg

DSC03479_zps7c415789.jpg

DSC03476_zpsb123236f.jpg

DSC03468_zpsa02d485a.jpg

DSC03467_zps139a6210.jpg

DSC03465_zps15f16fa5.jpg

DSC03463_zps28b90a75.jpg

DSC03472_zpsb78f5bc0.jpg

Thanks for viewing my report, I hoped you like.

The Lone Shadow.

unplugged

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow looks completely trashed! I pass it every time im on my way out of town just haven't had the time to pop in yet.

Will Knot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thats well fooked, called in a couple of months ago while passing to another explore......couldn't even be bothered to take a pic :confused You've done well tho' with the history........poor guy :(

Session9

A life backwards
28DL Full Member
Looking good LS, lovely old building sadly left to die.
Do like the doll shot and its shadow.
Do you think it will win pub of the year 2014? :D

The Lone Shadow

Industrial Fanatic!
28DL Full Member
Looking good LS, lovely old building sadly left to die.
Do like the doll shot and its shadow.
Do you think it will win pub of the year 2014? :D

I think it stands a good chance, so long as they have some Greene King on tap, theres no reason why it shouldn't get my vote. Its got a nice beer garden with plenty of hawthornes to sting your arse, its nicely cooled in the summer as it doesn't have a roof in some places, theres never a queue at the bar and of course the door is open 24/7. Not a bad pub at all :D

The Lone Shadow

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Nice old building, shame it's being left to rot. Cheers for sharing :thumb

Session9

A life backwards
28DL Full Member
I think it stands a good chance, so long as they have some Greene King on tap, theres no reason why it shouldn't get my vote. Its got a nice beer garden with plenty of hawthornes to sting your arse, its nicely cooled in the summer as it doesn't have a roof in some places, theres never a queue at the bar and of course the door is open 24/7. Not a bad pub at all :D

The Lone Shadow

Made me chuckle. It is certainly in better condition than some of the public houses i have frequented :laugh

The Lone Shadow

Industrial Fanatic!
28DL Full Member
Not a bad wee explore mate, you made the place look alreet. :thumb

The baby in the window image will probably return to me in my dreams tonight though, chuckie style arghhhhh haha :eek:

Yes, it was a little weird seeing that doll. Its the first time I've ever come across it. It really got an uneasy stare aswell, lol

LS