real time web analytics
Report - - Cannon Brewery, Sheffield, August 2014 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cannon Brewery, Sheffield, August 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

super nerris

On A Mission....
28DL Full Member
This is one the first places I had ventured to when I first invested in my camera at the beginning of the year. Unfortunately that trip was cut short, as I was unable to get many shots, it was pointless to create a post. I had been thinking of a revisit for a while, therefore when a free morning popped up I decided to take up the opportunity.

Since my first visit, the place had deteriorated dramatically. There was new graffiti and a lot more of the steel had been removed. I know this place is has been done over and over but I wanted it to cross it off my nerris adventure list...:)

Visited with a non member

History:

Stones Brewery (William Stones Ltd) was a regional brewery founded in 1868 by William Stones in Sheffield, West Riding of Yorkshire, England and purchased by Bass Brewery in 1968. After its closure in 1999 its major brand, Stones Bitter, has continued to be produced by the Molson Coors Brewing Company.

William Stones had started brewing in 1847 in Sheffield with Joseph Watts. Following Watts' death in 1854 Stones continued brewing by himself. In 1868 he purchased the lease of the Neepsend Brewery, and renamed it the Cannon Brewery, and he continued to brew there until his death in 1894. Stones' success saw him die as one of the richest men in Sheffield, although he lived a modest life. The company was taken over by Bass in 1968, then in 2000 Bass sold its brewing operations to the Belgian brewer Interbrew who were ordered by the Competition Commission to sell the Stones brand. In 2002, the brand was purchased by the American Coors Brewing Company, who merged to become Molson Coors in 2005.

On with the pics........

Hope you all enjoy!!

_DSC0922_zpsb96c555b.jpg

_DSC0925_zpsf14dbb85.jpg

_DSC0931_zpsf88db45c.jpg

_DSC0936_zpsfa2dcd36.jpg

_DSC0935_zpsd5a21001.jpg

_DSC0947_zps9eb86dfd.jpg

_DSC0952_zps713efb1c.jpg

_DSC0955_zpsf5f6a652.jpg

_DSC0960_zpsdff39787.jpg

_DSC0965_zps0b103e84.jpg

Thanks For looking!!!:)

Until next time........

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones mate :thumb

Always a highlight the old reflective pool even in summer, done it with a polariser but not a ten stop, get it banged up

Along with comedy moments stuck on fencing when my shoulder gave up :)

Liking the pic quality, gonna be giving yr mate a run for his money methinks :)

super nerris

On A Mission....
28DL Full Member
Nice ones mate :thumb

Always a highlight the old reflective pool even in summer, done it with a polariser but not a ten stop, get it banged up

Along with comedy moments stuck on fencing when my shoulder gave up :)

Liking the pic quality, gonna be giving yr mate a run for his money methinks :)

Cheers Mate, haha hope you wasn't stuck for long lol:)

ooooo don't know about that he's pretty good, but thanks anyway:thumb

10stop filter action..........

_DSC0950_zpsb41d21a2.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details