real time web analytics
Report - - IQuarter- Sheffield- August 2014 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - IQuarter- Sheffield- August 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JaneEyre

The clumsiest explorer in Yorkshire!
28DL Full Member
So we were lucky enough to tag along on the Sheffield Rooftop meet and meet some proper lovely people! The evening was lovely and made for some stunning scenery. I am still getting used to my camera so one or two shots looked a little washed out but the vast majority ain't bad :)

History - (taken from the IQuarters website)

The iquarter is a development leading the transformation of Sheffield's riverside. Its iconic 17 storey glass tower provides a landmark for this stunning scheme.

I-Quarter is well located on the edge of Sheffield city centre, very close to Victoria Quays.
The accommodation enjoys a profile position nestling between Castle Street and Nursery Street, therefore benefiting from easy access into the heart of Sheffield centre, as well as easy access to the railway station and on to Sheffield Parkway, which in turn provides access to the M1 Motorway.
The surrounding area has seen a significant amount of new development over recent months and nearby occupiers include Building Design Partnership, South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive, Irwin Mitchell and The Home Office to name but a few.
The I-Quarter comprises a mixed use development with 121 residential apartments. The commercial element of the scheme is arranged in two parts:-
Castle House This Grade 2 listed building was built as a vertical stable and occupies a central position within this new development. The office accommodation arranged over three floors will be refurbished to a high specification to accommodate modern occupiers requirements, whilst maintaining many of the original features. The Ground floor will offer Retail accommodation.
Ground Floor Retail Accommodation (Incl Castle House Ground Floor) The ground floor of the I-Quarter scheme comprises a variety of different sized units, suitable for retail/office use totalling circa 12,000 sq ft. This element forms part of the new development and is currently finished to a shell specification, although can be fitted to meet occupiers specific requirements.

Now for the photos!

Some from before the sunset...

DSC_0522_zps6d2ff5b0.jpg

DSC_0517_zpsb175f0ef.jpg

DSC_0526_zpsd9272f1b.jpg

"They said it changes when the sun goes down
Around here" - The Arctic Monkeys ;)

DSC_0543_zps74140bb8.jpg

DSC_0553_zpsc7ed9502.jpg

DSC_0566_zps96ab6c91.jpg

And now for the night shots!

DSC_0571_zpse73b9d44.jpg

DSC_0577_zpsd04c2b80.jpg

DSC_0581_zps5ac3052f.jpg

and the last one taken on the way to the car :)

DSC_0585_zpse62fbf48.jpg

(not sure how I got the flair one this but I still kinda like it!)

Thanks again for the invite guys

Quick apologies for the slight unfocused-ness to one or two of these, I will get to grips with manual mode if it kills me haha

Much love

JaneEyre

Last edited:

rich_b1982

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: IQuarter- Sheffield- June 2014

Nice report, you got some good shots! One thing though, that meet was in August, unless these are from before that?

:thumb

JaneEyre

28DL Full Member

Was it?? I thought it was at the end of June haha, oops!

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member

Glad you go to see the city from that rooftop - it's nice just chilling up there. Is my sunset trend on the I-Quarter catching on lol?

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Nice ones Babe :thumb

Yeah even at my advanced years, i can still remember it being in August :)......how times flies when you"re young......i imagine :tumbleweed

As you say it was a nice relaxed meet & intro to new people/faces ;)

Kaplan

Procrastinator
28DL Full Member

Good stuff, and was nice to meet you :thumb

JaneEyre

28DL Full Member

Nice ones Babe :thumb

Yeah even at my advanced years, i can still remember it being in August :)......how times flies when you"re young......i imagine :tumbleweed

As you say it was a nice relaxed meet & intro to new people/faces ;)
Thanks sweetie, guess it must have been August, can't believe it wasn't that long ago! Guess it is true, cider and gin do rot your brain ;)

Good stuff, and was nice to meet you :thumb
Nice to meet you too love :)

neizt

Lazy Explorer
28DL Full Member
Some really good photos there! I really need to get up onto a decent roof in Preston I think... :)

Stopford_lad

foul-mouthed oaf
28DL Full Member
very nice :thumb love a good Sheffield rooftop...gutted I couldn't make it but 5 hours notice didn't go down too well with the boss :rolleyes: