real time web analytics
Report - - Strand East Tower - London - August 2014 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Strand East Tower - London - August 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Monkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Strand East Tower - London - August 2014

At 40m high it's not exactly the highest thing around but still a little something different to climb.

My original plan that night was to climb something else. I was having a wonder around waiting for the early hours of the morning and stumbled upon this thing.

If you want to get inside of this thing you need to have the body of a 12 year old girl.
After what seemed like hours of back and forth trying to squeeze my fat ass through this pin hole of a gap that the tower provides I finally got inside.

Once inside there's the scaff for the lift which provided a ladder like climb to the top. The only dodgy thing is to get from the centre to the outer ring you have to do some circus balancing act between two bits of scaff and shimmy across.

I ended up snapping my tripod within 5 minutes so just had to improvise and sit my camera on the edge :(

Oh well. Here are the pics (First one not by me)

7290812162_16db3554f2_z.jpg

_MG_1782-1.jpg

_MG_1807-1.jpg

_MG_1818-1.jpg

_MG_1838-1.jpg

_MG_1773-1.jpg

_MG_1816-1.jpg

Cheers for looking

bhg

In Search of Lost Time
Regular User
Some really nice shots Monkey : ) The structure looks amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Idle Hands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah the pictures look good - nicely done :)

What exactly IS the Strand East Tower though? Something just for show or does it have a use?

Monkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some really nice shots Monkey : ) The structure looks amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. Yeah looking down provided some cool shots. The tower actually lights up but I think they turn them off at 12. Shame I didn't go earlier that would have made for some cool shots. Maybe a revisit.

Yeah the pictures look good - nicely done :)

What exactly IS the Strand East Tower though? Something just for show or does it have a use?

Just for show I think. It's right across from the Olympic stadium so it's meant to represent the Olympic torch. It also has a lift in the middle which I guess is so people can go to the top and use it as a viewing platform. Sorry I guess I should have posted a bit about what it is in the original post.

Boomstick84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cool report!

Go past this every day on the DLR and often wondered if it was doable! Nicely done!

:thumb

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones :thumb

Looks better on the inside or it would without that lift structure :)

Nice views though

Easy climb for you then Monkey ? ;)

Monkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers for the comments

Nice ones :thumb

Looks better on the inside or it would without that lift structure :)

Nice views though

Easy climb for you then Monkey ? ;)

Yeah the climb wasn't too bad. It's just getting across to the outer walkway with a bag full of beers and camera equipment swaying your balance wasn't the easiest thing :D

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details