real time web analytics
Billinge Hospital, Billinge, June 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Billinge Hospital, Billinge, June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanD3cay

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went here some time in June with a non member but I haven't really had chance to post until now, this is my first post so bear with me as I'm new to this website.

Most of the hospital has been knocked down and only a small part remains, I haven't been for a few weeks, but I heard that it is being demolished soon so I would go whilst you still have the chance :)

Here is a little bit of history I found about this place: Opened in 1968, Billinge Maternity Hospital served as the maternity facility for the surrounding areas, including much of the Metropolitan Borough of Wigan, parts of the Metropolitan Borough of St.Helens and parts of the District of West Lancashire .

In June 2004, the maternity hospital was closed and maternity facilities were transferred to other units at hospitals in surrounding districts. Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Trust, who administered at Billinge Maternity Hospital, were transferred to a new maternity unit at the Royal Albert Edward Infirmary (more commonly known as Wigan Infirmary) in Wigan. Maternity care units were upgraded in surrounding boroughs at Bolton Hospital, Salford Royal, Chorley Hospital, Warrington Hospital and Ormskirk Hospital.

In March 2007, demolition work on the maternity hospital building commenced. As of May 2007, only a small section of the maternity unit is left standing.

In April 2010, only two buildings stand which are due to be demolished soon as more houses are being built on the site of the former hospital.

---​

It was very easy to get in here and there wasn't any cameras or security that we were aware of, the building is in pretty bad state, especially the top floor which we couldn't access due to the roof being caved in.

photos:
DSC_0462_zps69b5efbf.jpg

DSC_0334_zpsa852765c.jpg

DSC_0337_zps66436320.jpg

DSC_0338_zpsd01be8bf.jpg

DSC_0350_zps727eb96c.jpg

DSC_0360_zpsa68b5ca2.jpg

DSC_0372_zps8946a163.jpg

DSC_0392_zps39c038b8.jpg

DSC_0393_zps7d09e33a.jpg

DSC_0406_zpsfa71e410.jpg

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
Re: Billinge Hospital, Billinge

holy crap, that looks well fooked! I actually thought all the lot had gone already and houses were up :D