real time web analytics
Report - - Grain battery tower , cliffe fort kent- aug 2014 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Grain battery tower , cliffe fort kent- aug 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

soylent green

28DL Regular User
Regular User
A few days away was planned by myself, BigBadAsh, jp76 and non member Thrifty . I'd been to grain before and after posting, Styru had posted that he had spent the night on the tower and i always fancied a night out there so that was the plan, Cliffe Fort first then spend the night on the tower. We drove into the site where the cliffe fort was and parked up next to the Sailing club, got onto the fort and spent a pleasant few hours looking around this fantastic site. We had to watch the time because we had to get to The isle of Grain before the tide came in. Unfortunately when we got to the gate to get out , someone had locked it, this was not good ,we finally managed to get out by driving through the live working site next to it. Back on track we headed for the Grain Tower. On arrival we noticed some people on the tower so walked out without sleeping bags and stuff, just cameras. When we crossed paths with the people already on the tower, it turned out to be an Estate agent and a BBC cameraman. we were asked if we could be interview for BBC London news, we all declined :). We had a good laugh out there and visited another site which can't be put on here. I'm not going to do history as its on my old report and this trip was more about having a laugh :)

SOME PICS
CLIFFE FORT

CliffeFort_zps1f442cc3.jpg

cliffefort7_zps61243b3c.jpg

cliffefort13_zps7106b6c5.jpg

cliffefort12_zpse1055fed.jpg

cliffefort11_zps2e06e9a8.jpg

cliffefort6_zps32eff2cc.jpg

cliffefort_zps00f7a835.jpg

cliffefort2_zps1533ca56.jpg

cliffefort1_zps8ff7d4f9.jpg

cliffefort1_zpsd08f3c83.jpg

THE GRAIN BATTERY TOWER

grain3_zps7f26c59b.jpg

grain7_zps023c8f63.jpg

StrandedintheMedway_zpsdbb1ec49.jpg

grain5_zps83861f1b.jpg

grain8_zps237e399e.jpg

Lookoutpost_zps2c335509.jpg

grain2_zps53df913c.jpg

grain1_zps2cc29246.jpg

Thanks to BBA, James and Thrifty for making it a memorable two days and thats to Mr Smith for turning up in the morning in his campervan and making us bacon rolls:thumb

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
ah looks good..did pizza express manage to deliver out there ,well its got a postal address you never know :)

REEF

Getthegirlkillthebaddies
28DL Full Member
A camper van with bacon rolls! That cheating, I think you need to do it again. :)

Top work guys, love the photos of the tower with the tide in.

bhg

In Search of Lost Time
Regular User
Some really nice shots! Seems you had a great night there :)

bigbadash

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Pukka pics there Soylent...! Thanks for the invite on this one and also thanks for your blinding company also a big thank you to both JP and Thrifty for making the adventure what it was...! Until next time.....