real time web analytics
Report - - Abandoned Cottage, Belgium - Aug 2014 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned Cottage, Belgium - Aug 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

extreme_ironing

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is the first house I've had the opportunity to explore so far, not an area that has interested me so much so far but I really liked this place, it's aged and decayed really well and had some beautiful soft light in there along with many items of interest. Visited with The_Raw, Trollface and PocFan1984.

Unfortunately I know hardly anything about the history of the place, at the entrance to a long forest pathway there is a small shrine with a plaque quoting some dates in the early 40's. There were a number of personal items in the house, with a better grasp of Flemish and a bit more time could be possible to build a story from the contents but I had neither. The earliest dated document I found was 1898 and the most recent was 1978.

A desk with books, papers and artefacts strewn around it.

loq1NG7.jpg

Exterior shot.

64wJDOR.jpg

Main staircase.

QZElCtI.jpg

On-site security.

iC4PL6G.jpg

The Giant's Bed, the bed was maybe 11 feet long, something massive, bit strange!

w7p11YN.jpg

A daily journal dated 1898.

rQraikZ.jpg

One of many photos littered around this room.

37tnyXK.jpg

Cradles and baskets

aiU9rAA.jpg

Detail on the window.

sJZPyWf.jpg

That desk again.

yFjELNS.jpg

jWmFgLx.jpg

eBQa03f.jpg

Y0NtoCS.jpg

The house was in a poor state of repair, found this in one very dark room..

oYUInyy.jpg

Thankfully no one was hurt and we could have a laugh about it. :)

Plenty more rooms and objects to photograph here, well worth a little visit as although very aged it seemed to have not been vandalised for the most part.

The high-res pics as well as a few extras are on my blog page, linked back to 28dl. http://www.unexposed.photography/Visits/AbandonedCottageBEL

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
Re: Abandoned Cottage - Belgium - Aug. 2014

Some cracking images there mate, place looks great :thumb

super nerris

On A Mission....
28DL Full Member

Great report that pal! Would luv to visit somewhere like this!! Love the leg shot too lol

The_Raw

Staff member

I would've worn better socks than my Slazengers if I'd known they were gonna be photographed :rolleyes:

Also loved this place, proper little time capsule, that window shot is badass :thumb

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member

Big win from me mate, now looking at what I am going to do in Belgium tomorrow

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Excellent photos! Nicely done. I can't believe how big that bed is too.