real time web analytics
Report - - Chatsworth Wagon Works, Chesterfield - September 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Chatsworth Wagon Works, Chesterfield - September 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Session9

A life backwards
28DL Full Member
Not a lot of information can be found about this once significant wagon works, except that it closed in the early 1980's and was in existence for around one hundred years. The works were also known as Chatsworth Wagon Repairs Ltd. Chesterfield had two large wagon works, the other being Derbyshire Wagon Repairs, not surprisingly from a time when railways were fundamental to the many heavy industries that littered the area.

The site is not going to win 'Derp of the Year', but anything railway related will get my mooching juices flowing.

Explored with a non member with some glorious September sunshine in this secluded and peaceful spot of Chesterfield.

1_zps797fd390.jpg

2_zpse44ab5a9.jpg

3_zps2b447cf6.jpg

4_zps37500be3.jpg

5_zps98ba22b0.jpg

6_zpsf1ad3532.jpg

7_zps93691721.jpg

8_zpsa87f897d.jpg

9_zps73e484c3.jpg

10_zps3c9d1c3a.jpg

11_zps8136aed9.jpg

12_zpsdac22926.jpg

13_zpscfbd13ea.jpg

14_zps9ce3dc4b.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
nice,I like old railway stuff
I seem to remember you got a new camera fairly recently? Good work, you've got some nice shots

Session9

A life backwards
28DL Full Member
nice,I like old railway stuff
I seem to remember you got a new camera fairly recently? Good work, you've got some nice shots

Cheers Wombat :)
Yeah, got a new one back in February. Still tempted sometimes to travel light and stuff the point and shoot in the back pocket. Travel light or better snaps, the old dilemma.

Carter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one! I see this from the train often and have always wondered what it used to be used for, now I know!!

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones :thumb

Looks like some of the Loxley Refractory sheds in Sheff"

Surprised there"s not more Graff" from the usual Sheff" & Chesterfield regulars ?

Session9

A life backwards
28DL Full Member
Many thanks Carter, *********** and Acid-Reflux. :)

There is a fair amount of graff in there, I just choose to avoid it most of the time.

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Surprised it's still stand after 20 or so years, Looks alright. Cheers for reporting.

Session9

A life backwards
28DL Full Member
Not changed much since I was last there. I couldn't find much info either

Thanks guys.
Yeah, it is frustrating finding info out about sites sometimes.
There's a bit about the wagon works in Chesterfield Museum, they may have more gen on the place.