real time web analytics
Report - - Stewartby Brickworks, Bedfordshire, Re-visit - Sep 14 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stewartby Brickworks, Bedfordshire, Re-visit - Sep 14

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

1nk4

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
HISTORY

Stewartby and the adjacent brickworks are located between the County town of Bedford and Milton Keynes, within Marston Vale. The brickworks site, dating to the latter part of the 19th century has developed organically over past 110 years and with this development the site has expanded considerably. This site, one of only several major brickworks working within the Vale was once considered to the largest in World, employing over 4,000 people and producing 18 million brick each week in 1970. The technology used at Stewartby Brickworks formed part of the Fletton brick-making process that was initially developed by brickworks near Peterborough in 1881. The Fletton process came to Marston Vale soon after and dominated the brick industry over the next 50 years.

The works closed in February 2008 primarily because of the difficulty in reducing Sulphur Dioxide emissions to an acceptable level.

hansonairbig.jpg

VISIT

Decided to go back here and see the rest of the site beyond the railway track as our other trip we had planned got postponed and as the stewartby site is now up for sale, we wanted to see the remainding. Visited with gPub. Was another hillarious day out. Respects to the laziest security guards ever, it made things so much easier!

SDC11141.jpg

SDC11145.jpg

SDC11146.jpg

SDC11144.jpg

SDC11149.jpg

SDC11148.jpg

SDC11152.jpg

SDC11103.jpg

SDC11059.jpg

SDC11069.jpg

SDC11099.jpg

SDC11151.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not bad looks a part i didnt see when i went last year. I was expecting to get busted at anytime but no one ever came i agree with you re secca. I may go back now thanks for posting.

gPub

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You think his pic's are wobbly you wanna see him trying to walk in a straight line!!!!!

Definitely worth the revisit - much love to the security here, you guys are what makes urbex possible!!!!

1nk4

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You think his pic's are wobbly you wanna see him trying to walk in a straight line!!!!!

Definitely worth the revisit - much love to the security here, you guys are what makes urbex possible!!!!

lol mate my legs caining today, think i done some damage going up that ladder!

The Lone Shadow

Industrial Fanatic!
28DL Full Member
Good report, watch the razor wire here. Some of the sharpest I have ever come across, I am conviced that secca go sharpening it in their spare time to justify their laziness.

LS

1nk4

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good report, watch the razor wire here. Some of the sharpest I have ever come across, I am conviced that secca go sharpening it in their spare time to justify their laziness.

LS

lol i suppose they have to do something with their day, i still can't believe how little they seem to care there, felt more welcomed here than some parties iv attended before lol

gPub

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
lol i suppose they have to do something with their day, i still can't believe how little they seem to care there, felt more welcomed here than some parties iv attended before lol

I have seen what you're like at parties though mate...understandably not welcome!!!