real time web analytics
Report - - Manchester Rootops, September 2014 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Manchester Rootops, September 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ThisIsMore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So its been a very long while since i shared my adventures with you lot, i have been busy so expect to see some more reports from me now on.

So myself and a few others decided to hit the streets of Manchester as its been a very long while since we roamed them streets.

The first rooftop sits just down the road from one of the busiest train stations in the north west offering a spectacular view of the northern quarter.
Access was standard, getting on the roof was entertaining, and thats about it, nice to be above Manchester again to say the least.

Here are the photos, i hope you like grain.

looking towards Piccadilly
15063315930_5f08493a26_c.jpg

SubOffender contemplating life
15249725572_fdb1bbbb64_c.jpg
[/url]

looking towards Piccadilly gardens
15063651457_6df3284f1c_c.jpg

So after making our way down it was time to head further into the city centre, checking various different places on the way, and being called hitch hikers by some young ladies that seemed to be wearing nothing practically bar there underwear it was time to get back on top.

This is a new build slat bang in the middle of the city, giving you an exclusive 360 degree view of the city and it didnt dissapoint.
after watching the site it was safe to say that security was inactive, so we made our way in and found the central staircase, this build must be a good 200ft tall, the staircase felt like it went on forever, after reaching the top we caught our breath, spectated the mundane evening passing us by, the it was time to get the cameras out once again, its safe to say we spent a fair while up here before heading down and then to the kebab house.

The Hilton and Library
15064164930_c5741a46b8_c.jpg

Well it would of been rude not to..
15250639332_15ac209f9b_c.jpg

15248212241_fbf2296db6_c.jpg

15248130701_24f75b572c_c.jpg

Big up to SubOfennder, Ibex and Spook for making this a real good night, and for being an bunch of bellends as per normal.

Thanks for looking.

ThisIsMore

Last edited:

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones :thumb

Makes a nice change to see some alternate rooftop views in the North :)

I take it the first few were very high ISO then ? come out ok apart from the noisy sky

ThisIsMore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones :thumb

Makes a nice change to see some alternate rooftop views in the North :)

I take it the first few were very high ISO then ? come out ok apart from the noisy sky

The first ones were shot on a D200 dude then I ran out of battery so used my friends D7000, school boy error!

paulosbrumbos

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
brilliant pictures them, can I ask what settings you use on your camera's for those crisp shots?

Olly Stabler

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Usually dude ISO 400 F10 these have been sharpened a fair bit though in cs6! Thank you!

I you aim for f/8.0-15, ISO100 and then whatever exposure time you need then you'll get nice shots. You'll just need a tripod because if not you'll get really bad camera shake. If you get to 30secs and it's still under exposed then reduce your f stop, but always keep ISO at 100 because noise shows up a lot more on dark areas.